987 Engine Mount Stops

Lennym1984

Hi,

Those for have replaced their 986 front engine mounts with the revised 987 part, did you reuse your 986 engine mount stops - the green bits - or order the new thicker cayman stops? They are quite pricey for pieces of rubber so I'm trying to decide what to do.

109-00_987_2005-08_NO3.gif

24 minutes ago, edc said:

OPC Reading through another member on here who was already ordering some stuff. 

Great. I might pop in next time I'm working near Reading. 

On a totally different note I see you have Koni FSDs on your car. Would you recommend them for a car which goes on track 4-5 times a year but isn't a dedicated track car (ie. I want sharp suspension but I don't want it shaking my fillings out). 

I'm not a regular track day go-er. FSD is a road oriented damper. I see it as a budget Ohlins with tricky valving. It's in the same sort of handling capability range as the M030. Personally I think the FSD is better on the road. It's at least as stiff when needed but softer when it's not. Also with the H&R springs there seems to be a lot more transparent feedback compared to M030. FSD will do the job you want but maybe the Koni Sport is better. I'm not sure how much if any stiffer that would be compared to an M030 Bilstein. 

Archived