718T launched

Happy Days

It feels sort of special 'edition' The 718 is a great car but sales still haven't taken off. It makes sense almost 2 years in to its launch to raise the profile of the car and dangle some incentives to get sales moving

22 minutes ago, Toeside said:

It feels sort of special 'edition' The 718 is a great car but sales still haven't taken off. It makes sense almost 2 years in to its launch to raise the profile of the car and dangle some incentives to get sales moving

Sales have been pretty strong considering the factory has been shut for half the year? The boxster is Porsches lowest selling model and sales have been decreasing since 2013

Sales in the US have dropped since 2013 but sales in the UK had started to increase in 2015-16 with the 981 but fell away on the introduction of the 718.

The UK dealers look like they were pre-stocked to a certain extent but the closure must have had some impact for those wanting to spec so agreed the closure certainly didn't help.

Looked at the new Cayman T and though, wow, this should be a bargain.

But at 51k they are not!!!!!! If I wanted a stripper Cayman with no options, I could get the base 42k and take the radio out.

I'm struggling to see the value add, other than sports chrono and suspension.

For the money they're asking, I would want the 2.5 in it. Since Porsche sales fell 80 percent from last November, I fear that this is not the solution to get the orders in....

• 5 months later...

I have the Boxster T and the main differences are all under the skin with the premium over the boggo model being paid for PASM, torque vectoring, active engine mounts, sports zorst etc. Its better to drive than the standard car having tested all the range - much more engaging. I would describe it as a GTS model with the 2.0 displacement instead of 2.5. Granted, the T thing is marketing of some sort to kick start new interest by harking back to the heritage 60s models, strategy of course started with the 911 T a couple of years ago.

Welcome aboard :)

Put a thread up in Members Rides, introduce yourself :)  And say where you are in the country, there is usually a group not far away either terrorising tarmac or full English breakfasts :)

Archived