Airbag light on after battery disconnection

Withy

My 981 got new seat belts the other day, and since I followed the instructions for removal/refit - I disconnected the battery.  After this, I saw a warning "Steering support limited, possible to drive on" message (below), but with some googling found the reset (switch ignition off/on twice, then go lock to lock 4 times).  

44681307900_433bfa24e4_b.jpg

Today when picking up from tyre replacement, I noticed that the airbag light is remaining on (and looking at the pic, it seems it was there yesterday too).  Can't find anything like some magic reset dance/sequence like the steering message.  Does this mean I need @fat haggis's ODB box or similar to reset?

3 hours ago, Withy said:

My 981 got new seat belts the other day, and since I followed the instructions for removal/refit - I disconnected the battery.  After this, I saw a warning "Steering support limited, possible to drive on" message (below), but with some googling found the reset (switch ignition off/on twice, then go lock to lock 4 times).  

44681307900_433bfa24e4_b.jpg

Today when picking up from tyre replacement, I noticed that the airbag light is remaining on (and looking at the pic, it seems it was there yesterday too).  Can't find anything like some magic reset dance/sequence like the steering message.  Does this mean I need @fat haggis's ODB box or similar to reset?

yes ..  :woot: i may be coming down your way in a few days . beer run , can't get what i want up here... 

6 minutes ago, fat haggis said:

yes ..  :woot: i may be coming down your way in a few days . beer run , can't get what i want up here... 

No Beer in Oban? amazing..  let me know if you do, could meet up for a coffee and a reset :) - no hassle if not

6 minutes ago, Withy said:

No Beer in Oban? amazing..  let me know if you do, could meet up for a coffee and a reset :) - no hassle if not

not the beer i want . warsteiner . i got a taste for this stuff in germany .lovely ..

23 minutes ago, Greenman said:

When my OPC did some work on mine they had to remove the passenger seat. On picking up the car the airbag light was on, it turned out they had dislodged a connection under the seat that needed plugging back in, worth checking?

Have you moved the seat back and pulled/strained the cable I think @Greenman might be onto something ...... worth checking 👍

19 hours ago, Toeside said:

Have you moved the seat back and pulled/strained the cable I think @Greenman might be onto something ...... worth checking 👍

Did indeed check this earlier today to no avail.  Thankfully @fat haggis went on a random long drive today and popped in.  5 mins later with the use of PORII the Airbag light is now off, and my instrument cluster is back to normal..  Thanks Sam - much appreciated :) (and your car looks very cool on this black winters setup, as my eldest daughter Anna agreed "that blue one is MUCH cooler than yours Dad....")🙄

31574827647_125fe8be97_b.jpg

On 12/29/2018 at 4:58 PM, Withy said:

my eldest daughter Anna agreed "that blue one is MUCH cooler than yours Dad

I think it’s a kids thing generally, whatever you haven’t got is clearly much cooler, certainly that’s the case with my 13 year old!

Archived