DEAD BATTERY - OPENING THE BONNET 987 Boxster S 2008

capeboy

Morning All

Came back from holidays (car not started approximately 3 weeks) to find the doors won't open. Opened the driver's door with the key (no alarm sounded) then realised the bonnet wouldn't open! Tried attaching second battery via the fuse box terminal, no luck. RAC came out and tried all sorts, no GO!!!! How do I open the bonnet to get access to the battery???  HELP, PLEASE. Thanks.  

Do you have locking wheel nuts and where is the key?

Ah, if in glove box at least you can get the door open and have access to that. Several people can't and find themselves stuck in a Catch-22.

Easier with wheel off - there is supposedly a little cable pull under a front wheel arch, I think the left side, that you tug and it pops the bonnet. But there are stories that a) tug as hard as you like, nothing happens, b ) tug and it just pulls off, c) a previous owner rerouted it to a more sensible place (usually under front bumper).

Good luck.

Thank you. 

RAC man managed to get the wheel arch cover removed without having to take the wheel off and located the cable......despite our best efforts, it still wouldn't open the bonnet!!! So awaiting recovery to my local indie JZM, who, as always, have been very helpful. Will keep you posted.....

Right, through a combination of tugging at the emergency release cable and charging via the fuse panel, we managed to unlock the bonnet!!!

Next simple question.....BEST battery on the market? Simple answers please....

Many thanks...

Archived