Front bumper removal

Roger C

Is there a guide anywhere explaining how to remove the front bumper?

I want to clean out my rads and also investigate a very small coolant leak that appears to be coming from the left hand rad (spot of water on garage floor), I've found a 986 guide but can't seem to find anything for the 987.

Rog.

i think there is a guide somewhere but basically

remove the front lower splash guards there is several screws on the underneath of the bumper, remove side indicators and they are 2 more screws from memory, open bonnet remove cover around bonnet catch 3 screws in there and finally there are 2 clips that slide in on the small strip where the bonnet and wing meets.

will try and find you the how too

Just did that last week and put it back on today. You’ll need Torx 20 or 25 I can’t recall. One size does all. I spent extra time touching anything with a slight bit of corrosion in with a rust inhibitor followed by black or silver paint. I even repainted each individual bolt head with zinc primer and black paint - sad I know but I do love the thing. Took me a couple of hours but that included coffee, painting, cleaning and waxing wheels & calipers, cleaning out roads etc etc 

I think either way its a pretty easy job......going to be doing mine as I said as I need to drill out the screws for the foglighs as they are rusted in....plus i need to change the drivers side cooling fan as its stopped working.

Of course I will be giving it an OCD level clean too :) 

Has anyone got a removal guide for the rear bumper too?

1 hour ago, Roger C said:

You 'waxed' the calipers, is that a thing? Surly the heat of the brakes would just melt the wax.

Rog

Hi-temp sealants or coatings, either way a generic wax wouldn't do any harm- just wouldn't last quite as long.

Archived