Front Grille - Options?

JayGee

Does anyone have any suggestions for front grilles other than the Zunsport for a 987.1? No offence to anyone that has them but prefer more of a stealthier look behind the existing grille vanes rather than in front.

Any Pre made purchases or DIY suggestions would be appreciated. The bumper will be off to clean the Rads anyway.

Thanks

I bought some aluminium mesh to do the side vents and have enough to do the front vents, I just have to get the guts to take the whole of the front off, haha, was really cheap for a great big sheet on ebay, I used gorilla glue to glue it onto the back of the vents the put books on top til it was dry, seems to have worked well!!

XmOYkOs.jpg

2E3AgVS.jpg

Went with plastic as per the following thread:

I still have a sheet of the plastic mesh leftover which is ample to do both sides if you are interested and near London. 

I'm sure there is an alternative to the cable ties that I have used but TBH I don't notice them anyway - the photo was taken with the sun low in the sky and shining directly on the front of the car so makes it more obvious than it actually is.

Cheers

Thanks Nathan, for the reply and mesh offer. I'm up near Newcastle so not just a pop around the corner. I went through your original thread and is just what I was looking for. Did you really need to remove the headlamps as well?

Yes, you do in order to get to some of the fixings.

Don't worry though, removing the headlights is literally a 2 minute job!!!  You should find a winding tool in the frunk - pull back the carpet on each side and you will see a hole to put this through.  Once inserted turn it and the headlight just pops out.  Do the reverse to put it back in.

Ive got a roll of plastic mesh to so my 987.1. I also want the stealthier look although Zunsport’s are deemed “the solution”. My local indie had 2 cars with black Zunsport grilles, one fitted perfectly like an OE part, the other like hell with gaps!

• 2 months later...
On 2/23/2019 at 7:51 PM, AdyG said:

Maybe a cheeky question but does anyone have a template for 987.1 grilles and if so would you be happy to share it?

Hi Ady,

Do you still need a template? If you do, let me know, or anyone else for that matter. I have got the one I made when I did mine.  I can draw round it and send you a copy. 

I did mine so it sits behind the original vanes. From a distance you can't tell that it is there which is what I wanted but you do need to fit from the inside of the bumper to fix in place.

IMG_0180IMG_0178

Hi Jay,

Many thanks for the reply, a copy of your template would be great if you could draw round it.

Would you like me to PM you my address? Happy to cover the postage via PayPal if you can PM me your details.

They look great 👍, did you paint the grille or did you buy it in black?

Cheers

Ady

• 2 weeks later...

Used gutter guard on my front it took about 3 hours to take apart the front of the car.  I had my son washing all the parts as I disassembled it.  I had about an inch of trash including a small bird skeleton in there.  Going to do the sides next.

Archived