Occasionally get a warning??

Remodot

Every so often I get a 'Handbrake' warning as seen in picture. 99 times out 100 when I apply the hand brake I don't get this, then I'll get it once. It pops up on the flat as well as on hills, handbrake works fine. Any ideas? 2006 S

Thanks

eGdcCQ8.jpg

I have not looked, don’t really know where to start but can have a look tomorrow. 

17 minutes ago, horror said:

On a gen2 car, if the car isn’t absolutely stationary, the warning (and beep?) will occur.

Its a Gen 1, but wonder if that's what I occasionally do without realising it??

15 hours ago, horror said:

On a gen2 car, if the car isn’t absolutely stationary, the warning (and beep?) will occur.

It’ll be this. Done same in mine v occasionally, moved before fully off. 

Sorry for late update. The warning light comes on if moving. I don’t know why but I seem to have gotten into the habit of pulling the handbrake on while I was still moving, Almost stopped but wheels still rolling. 

However the up side is while checking switches and brakes I found the off side auto adjuster has seized, now loosened off and working again. 

On 3/8/2019 at 12:17 PM, Simon. said:

It’ll be this. Done same in mine v occasionally, moved before fully off. 

Same here. On both my last 2005 and this 2011. Which is odd - because using the handbrake while just rolling once in a while is a good check on how well it works.  Also odd is the message. 'Fail' to me means it is broken.😀

Archived