JERKY engine

Andy9376

21 minutes ago, Paul P said:

What car.?  What transmission. ? Any warning lights ?  

Immediate suspect.  Plugs. Next coil pack(s!). Next. MAF. 

Then fuel filter, vacuum leak,

but all guesswork. 

Ah sorry it’s a 987 manual. No warning lights. Thanks for replying. Is a MAF or vacuum leak expensive? 

My guess it's a vacuum leak as that was exactly the symptom at tick over and at low revs on my 986. I discovered it was a vacuum leak when changing the air filter (my first attempt at a remedy) to discover one of the clamps on the induction side (post MAF) had corroded and snapped. Cured with a new 90mm jubilee clip. Cheap fix (£1.80) so I hope yours is something similar.

16 minutes ago, Boxob said:

My guess it's a vacuum leak as that was exactly the symptom at tick over and at low revs on my 986. I discovered it was a vacuum leak when changing the air filter (my first attempt at a remedy) to discover one of the clamps on the induction side (post MAF) had corroded and snapped. Cured with a new 90mm jubilee clip. Cheap fix (£1.80) so I hope yours is something similar.

Thanks mate, fingers crossed. Do you think it’s ok to drive as I’m 150 miles from home ha 

1 minute ago, Andy9376 said:

Thanks mate, fingers crossed. Do you think it’s ok to drive as I’m 150 miles from home ha 

If it's a vacuum leak, yes. If not then I couldn't say. Sorry.

If it’s nit throwing a light and it’s got oil and nit overheating then I would chance it.  Keep an eye on the temp and take it easy. 

You can prove mar by disconnecting it and seeing if things get better.  Vacuum leak. Cheap to fix bastard to find. 

18 minutes ago, Paul P said:

If it’s nit throwing a light and it’s got oil and nit overheating then I would chance it.  Keep an eye on the temp and take it easy. 

You can prove mar by disconnecting it and seeing if things get better.  Vacuum leak. Cheap to fix bastard to find. 

Yeah will do. Pray for me ha 

• 4 months later...

Archived