PDK Clutch and Transmission Oil Change

martyn

Hi all,

Can anyone enlighten me, my 981 s is up for its 6 year minor service in the autumn, I remember reading on a US Porsche site/forum that the PDK Transmission oil needs changing after 6 years ( also that the clutch oil change being the more awkward/expensive job needs doing at 12 years). I have read my manual (page 13 additional maintenance) it says is that BOTH “PDK transmission and clutch oils should be changed every 120,000 miles, but no later than every 12 years”, so personally for my low mileage use that will be time triggered rather than mileage.

I presume the US gearbox is the same. So obviously i’ll go by what the manual says, but is the 6 year Transmission change a more optional job rather than a necessity?

51 minutes ago, daz05 said:

Our interval is 12 yrs not 6, the 987 gen II was 6 yrs iirc which is probably what you've read on the US forum.

Ah, that must be it, I wonder what (if any) has been changed in the gearbox for them to double the limits?

Engine Air filter(s) are a 6 year item as well. On the 987.2 the pdk clutch fluid change is 6 years. It’s about £200 from OPC (requires a piwis system and some care around gearbox temp at certain stages.) 

39 minutes ago, Paul P said:

Engine Air filter(s) are a 6 year item as well. On the 987.2 the pdk clutch fluid change is 6 years. It’s about £200 from OPC (requires a piwis system and some care around gearbox temp at certain stages.) 

Thanks Paul, PDK clutch fluid change @ £200 at an OPC is nowhere near as expensive as I thought!   Especially, that as a job, the transmission fluid change is cheaper still😀

Archived