Bose Sound Levels

Graham W

I don't think that the sound level gets any louder when increasing my speed.  I THINK I've ticked all the right boxes on the PCM for this to happen, does anybody else have this problem?  Any advice welcome before I go troubling the OPC.

It’s similar on the 981, there is a difference (I’ve finally convinced myself) it’s just not enough, so the extra road/wind noise more than offsets the volume increase.

Ive had previous cars where you have had the option of adjusting the level of this effect, but I can see no such option with Porsche, of course even with that option you might need to adjust depending on roof up or down.

Thanks for the reply, I'll keep searching the PCM to see if I've missed any other switches/levels/buttons etc.  It's really annoying having to fiddle with the volume level at speed and even worse when slowing down!

no experience of Bose in any boxster flavour - but the SPP (ASK) system in my 987.2 definitely has adjustable levels, and you notice it - however, it seems to kick in at certain speeds in a stepped way - < 50 nothing 50-70 - some 70> lots. 

I've got the same feeling - there is an option, and I have it activated but there is very little increase when driving faster / slower. If I recall the option on my old 987.1 was much better!

• 2 weeks later...

Morning All,

Well I thought it was just me thinking my bose system had just stayed the same no matter what speed I was doing! personally I don't mind that it doesn't, but the volume button being on the other side of the gear knob from me is bloody annoying! I must admit that the 718 does have a few cr*p design issues and it looks like they forgot about the air con controls until the last min and crammed them in but all in all im enjoying my first Porsche even if I do have to crank up the stereo myself.

Ps my daughter says its a first world problem!!!

Archived