This why the NFU insurance are so good 😊

I have the 981 insured with NFU and home insurance also I’m picking up the motor home tomorrow so I called to add that to my insurance  £20000 on the MH protected  nc   And fully comp  the normal  i nearly fell of the bench when I was told the full cost of adding it on to my policy    £38  for the year added on to the policy  I thought it was an extra £38 per month at first  

I asked repeatedly if that was the total cost a few times. I’m over the moon. And they also don’t charge if you to do adjustments like pvt plates and stufff. 

So im giving the NFU a big 10 stars 🌟

Gice then a call for car and home you may get a big surprise🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🤗👜  

My current car is insured with NFU, as was my previous one.

Had a good experience with them when my blue car was written off.

We have two cars insured with them. Had a bump in one that had written into the policy not for commuting that we had not picked up on. They agreed that it was not feasible to have such a car  not for commuting, they changed it and paid out. Sadly would not insure the 986 on the same policy and it was more cost effective to go with Saga. Benifit of being older.  I Use them  at work for vehicles and the main working Estate and they have always paid out when used. Nothing but good experiences and helpful.

2 hours ago, Hewy said:

We have two cars insured with them. Had a bump in one that had written into the policy not for commuting that we had not picked up on. They agreed that it was not feasible to have such a car  not for commuting, they changed it and paid out. Sadly would not insure the 986 on the same policy and it was more cost effective to go with Saga. Benifit of being older.  I Use them  at work for vehicles and the main working Estate and they have always paid out when used. Nothing but good experiences and helpful.

I'm intrigued that there is a car that it is not feasible to own without commuting in it🤔 What car is it that compels you to commute? Vectra?

The story is that the wife insured one car for use at work (private cars are not insured for work use unless you tell them) and added the other one to the same policy but without use at work due to the extra cost. The person at the brokers took it as being if you are not using the car at work you would not commute to work in it. Hence gave us a cheaper premium. They didn't tell us this and the wife didn't pick up the clause in  the policy till she had a bump. The wife was in a total panic for a few hours, She now reads every thing thoroughly.

• 1 month later...

Anyone else think that all these clauses in the policy (however good the company) are just fake weasel words - I just want - this me - insure my car.

Them - do you use it to commute to work, is it parked in a private car park, do you drive it on motorways (yes - been asked that DIrect line - and then they said "which ones") 

Me: Maybe

Them: well our underwirtiers (computer program) imagine that because you drive during the week, on a road, when others are on it that you are "high risk" so that will be be £xxxxxx - but if I say "only on sundays, to church, at 6 mph with jesus steering and only then if its sunny and everyone in the county has promised to use another road" then they graciously knock of 75 quid form the quote.

I just want - me, car how much and stop f*cking about, because at this end of the deal you are looking for ways to make it seem cheap and at the other end you are looking for ways to avoid paying out.

Whole motor insurance / body repairers /ambulance chasers are robbers - they should be the next industry to get the "so you are a (w)(b)anker" treatment.

Archived