Blimey... Just bought a 987!

mustremembermylogin

Referring to your original post, I can thoroughly recommend Wrightune - http://www.wrightune.co.uk/contact.html , an indie based in Wallingford, not too far from you.  I have used them for the past 5 years to service and fix my various Boxsters.  They do everything from full restoration to bog standard services and repairs.  Fixed price servicing at a fraction of OPC rates.  Tell them Bill from Belgium recommended you, and then they maybe even more willing to swap out my brake pads at short notice, without pre-booking, ahead of a trackday........ 😬

10 hours ago, Paul P said:

987-2 Roof Drain Filter

Part 24 in that picture - you need 2 of them (one each side) 98756148700 - Water drip pan filter element - they are £6.49 (inc vat ) each from Porsche - but you get 10% off that if you are a PCGB or TIPEC member. Here's a picture of it.

98756148700-e1508510889864.jpg 

The trombone brush I bought for cleaning the drains was 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00TE7Z442/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope that helps.

Paul

Brilliant Paul - thanks very much. I ordered a trombone bush from Amazon and it arrived 6 hours later. It's already paid for itself as I used it to clean a shower door seal - it came up amazingly well. My OH is very impressed and I think I might have to buy another one 😀

8 minutes ago, mustremembermylogin said:

Brilliant Paul - thanks very much. I ordered a trombone bush from Amazon and it arrived 6 hours later. It's already paid for itself as I used it to clean a shower door seal - it came up amazingly well. My OH is very impressed and I think I might have to buy another one 😀

Excellent. 

I have become a bit obsessed about boxster drains. I haven’t suffered damage but one of mine (the one in the gulley that’s “vertical” when you find it) was blocked when I got the car and the others had cr*p build up on the filters. 

I have helped out someone who got “flooded” and we ended replacing the rear ecu and having to repair the roof “ball joints” because his flooded and the car tried to open the roof on its own overnight. 

I check and clear mine every couple of months (normally when there lanstuff to be done indoors and I disappear into the  garage for an hour ) 

If you ordered that same one as me check the reviews. Mostly from MX-5 owners who use it to clear roof drains. ! 

2 hours ago, noggieboxa said:

Referring to your original post, I can thoroughly recommend Wrightune - http://www.wrightune.co.uk/contact.html , an indie based in Wallingford, not too far from you.  I have used them for the past 5 years to service and fix my various Boxsters.  They do everything from full restoration to bog standard services and repairs.  Fixed price servicing at a fraction of OPC rates.  Tell them Bill from Belgium recommended you, and then they maybe even more willing to swap out my brake pads at short notice, without pre-booking, ahead of a trackday........ 😬

Thanks Bill, great info.

I'm not sure which service I'll need as there is no paperwork relating to the last service stamp in the book which was by the previous supplying dealer.

The dealer I've just bought from offered to do an oil change but my preference was to get it done myself to know it's been done properly. The discount negotiated made this worthwhile!

2 minutes ago, Paul P said:

Excellent. 

I have become a bit obsessed about boxster drains. I haven’t suffered damage but one of mine (the one in the gulley that’s “vertical” when you find it) was blocked when I got the car and the others had cr*p build up on the filters. 

I have helped out someone who got “flooded” and we ended replacing the rear ecu and having to repair the roof “ball joints” because his flooded and the car tried to open the roof on its own overnight. 

I check and clear mine every couple of months (normally when there lanstuff to be done indoors and I disappear into the  garage for an hour ) 

If you ordered that same one as me check the reviews. Mostly from MX-5 owners who use it to clear roof drains. ! 

It sounds like a very important maintenance check. 

I saw the reviews from MX-5 owners and they made me smile. I can't believe that in a week I've bought a Boxster and a trombone cleaning kit... Slightly surreal  😀

• 2 months later...

This is funny as I have had a couple of MX5s  (still have a 2011 power retractable hardtop one) and it was quite nice when I read about blocked drains and already had my very own tromboner cleaner in the garage hanging proudly in place,   Looks like my drain rodding days will be twice as frequent now!

On 5/21/2019 at 10:20 PM, mustremembermylogin said:

Thanks! I love the wheels although they are slightly unforgiving. New rear tyres are a must as they are a 2011 vintage 😯which might help......

My first Boxster was an 05 2.7 Tip with 17" wheels. Ride was acceptable. Now have an '11 3.4S PDK with 19". Only thing I miss from the old car is the better ride.

Archived