Blimey... Just bought a 987!

mustremembermylogin

Hello everyone!

After many months of lurking on here (but not commenting - thanks for all of the advice you didn't know you were giving 😀) I've taken the plunge and bought a 987!

July 2006 - 06 (how much RFL!) 2.7 Tiptronic with 19" Carrera S alloys, heated sports seats, hard top, rear parking sensors and thats about it....

Nice Friday drive home involving the M25 and A41 was massive fun apart from the traffic!

Things I want to do:

Install Sat Nav unit with Dab

Service

Get a hard top stand

Any recommendations would be massively appreciated on any of the above. 

I'm in Amersham, Bucks. Can anyone recommend a trusted indie for servicing / maintenance?

Thanks,

Chris

porsche.jpg

Car looks lovely even with the hard top fitted. You'd be surprised in the deepest, coldest winter months it makes a great edition and protects the hood. Changes the characteristics of the car when fitted.  This is what I use to store my hardtop when not in use works perfectly, is good quality and takes up hardly any space against the garage wall:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-BOXSTER-986-CONVERTIBLE-HARDTOP-STAND-STORAGE-TROLLEY-1997-2005-050/280877369838?epid=1366263600&hash=item41659889ee:g:pQ0AAOSwt2pap9Pb&frcectupt=true

1 hour ago, Topbox said:

Welcome nice car you have there, enjoy. Many friendly Boxster owners in your area 😄

1 hour ago, Steffydog said:

Welcome along, looking good!

19 minutes ago, Chrisbin said:

That looks lovely, and the cars not bad either!! 👍

Thsnks everyone!

54 minutes ago, Clivescoobydo said:

Car looks lovely even with the hard top fitted. You'd be surprised in the deepest, coldest winter months it makes a great edition and protects the hood. Changes the characteristics of the car when fitted.  This is what I use to store my hardtop when not in use works perfectly, is good quality and takes up hardly any space against the garage wall:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-BOXSTER-986-CONVERTIBLE-HARDTOP-STAND-STORAGE-TROLLEY-1997-2005-050/280877369838?epid=1366263600&hash=item41659889ee:g:pQ0AAOSwt2pap9Pb&frcectupt=true

Perfect - ordered. 

Thanks for the tip - really appreciated!

On 5/18/2019 at 1:14 PM, Kjb1 said:

Looks lovely!! If you ever fancy selling / px'in those wheels let me know 😆

Thanks! I love the wheels although they are slightly unforgiving. New rear tyres are a must as they are a 2011 vintage 😯which might help......

Lovely car.

if you haven’t already done so work out how to find and check/clear rear roof drains.  Nasty things happen (£) to boxsters if they get blocked and water ends up in the car playing with the electronics under the seats. 

8 minutes ago, Paul P said:

Lovely car.

if you haven’t already done so work out how to find and check/clear rear roof drains.  Nasty things happen (£) to boxsters if they get blocked and water ends up in the car playing with the electronics under the seats. 

Thanks Paul, I've bookmarked a thread on this and I'm going to check this weekend. 

I had a quick look at the ones around the battery and they were totally clear which is a relief....

It’s all a peace of mind thing. 

5 quid trombone cleaning brush from amazon is the perfect tool  

The 987.2 comes with a little “cr*p filter” on the drain holes in the main roof “pan”. They are about 6 quid each at dealers and fit the 987.1 (and maybe the 986). 

I reckon a no brainer once you have set your mind to rest to keep leaves and stones (how do they get in there ) out of the pipes 

let me know if you want the part number.  

Welcome! Nice looking and quite rare to see a 987 with a hardtop, post some pics up with it on when you can.

impressive looking driveway there, perfect car selling location! 

Welcome aboard. As a relative newbie also, a BIG WELCOME. I got mine at Christmas. Learning more and more very day. Mostly on here. 🙂

10 hours ago, Paul P said:

It’s all a peace of mind thing. 

5 quid trombone cleaning brush from amazon is the perfect tool  

The 987.2 comes with a little “cr*p filter” on the drain holes in the main roof “pan”. They are about 6 quid each at dealers and fit the 987.1 (and maybe the 986). 

I reckon a no brainer once you have set your mind to rest to keep leaves and stones (how do they get in there ) out of the pipes 

let me know if you want the part number.  

Yes please to the part number Paul. 

Many thanks.

7 hours ago, Verner said:

Welcome aboard. As a relative newbie also, a BIG WELCOME. I got mine at Christmas. Learning more and more very day. Mostly on here. 🙂

Thanks Verner, buying it certainly cheered me up after the Play Off debacle the other night (I'm also a long suffering Leeds United supporter!)

You have my deepest sympathies on the LUFC front. I hope your new baby brings you some relief from the misery. Mine does for me. 😉

Welcome aboard,

Best wishes,

Verner

1 hour ago, mustremembermylogin said:

Yes please to the part number Paul. 

Many thanks.

987-2 Roof Drain Filter

Part 24 in that picture - you need 2 of them (one each side) 98756148700 - Water drip pan filter element - they are £6.49 (inc vat ) each from Porsche - but you get 10% off that if you are a PCGB or TIPEC member. Here's a picture of it.

98756148700-e1508510889864.jpg 

The trombone brush I bought for cleaning the drains was 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00TE7Z442/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope that helps.

Paul

Archived