Fuel economy

Propofol

4 minutes ago, Rob™ said:

Comparing GPS data... does this speed take into account changes in elevation? Civil GPS isn't *that* accurate anyway...  

Well I had a *cough* friend check it for me with a certified and calibrated device ;) was pretty spot on with the Snoopers!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Liberty said:

I do mainly short trips and use daily.26 mpg is what I get from my 2006 2.7.Think you may do better with your 2007 having the newer engine..

I don't check the mpg numbers, but when I fill up with petrol the gauge shows a range of around 415 miles, so that's pretty good I think.  To be honest, I'm generally quite light on the accelerator most of the time, so I'd guess my mpg figure might be slightly higher than most of you crazy kids, with your "pedal to the metal" antics and tyre smoking 4 wheel drifting shenanigans... :lol:

I can't believe nobody has picked up on the fact that a thread has been started on a Porsche forum with the title "Fuel Economy..." :whistle1:

13 minutes ago, Davey P said:

I don't check the mpg numbers, but when I fill up with petrol the gauge shows a range of around 415 miles, so that's pretty good I think.  To be honest, I'm generally quite light on the accelerator most of the time, so I'd guess my mpg figure might be slightly higher than most of you crazy kids, with your "pedal to the metal" antics and tyre smoking 4 wheel drifting shenanigans... :lol:

I can't believe nobody has picked up on the fact that a thread has been started on a Porsche forum with the title "Fuel Economy..." :whistle1:

😀 No reason why a small relatively light car shouldn't be economical at cruise.  One of the reasons I changed my previous mint 987 Tip. The low top gear, and fussy motorway cruise. My current 987.2 S PDK is much more relaxed on the motorway (due to a much higher top gear), and gives better MPG there, despite the larger engine.

1 hour ago, mat1 said:

I get between 12-14 for the most part 😮2.9 Pdk. Not ideal if I'm honest but that's what you get for living in London I guess. 

Doubt you'd get much more with any 3 litre petrol car? My 3.4 PDK is more like 16 in London, but then I don't do much rush hour driving now.

Archived