New video of my 987.1 3.2 S

Richdobie

I've been a car enthusiast for many years but it wasn't until last winter did I buy my first ever Porsche - it's a 987.1 3.2S. I never go into any purchase other than fully aware of all factors/considerations and the 987 was no different. What I did struggle with was finding good informative information on YouTube. Most of the video's are either from years ago when the cars were new (nearly new) rather than as they are today, circa 15 year old cars with 10,000's miles upon them and the associated problems that this may cause. I gathered what information I could off various forums (including this one!) but thought why don't I create a series of video's to share my experiences of running all my 15 year old performance cars. So that's what I did at the weekend. It's not professional, there's no fancy music or clever editing, I'm just planning on telling people what I know through video (as an alternative means of info to the forums).

The plan is to do a sequence of videos throughout the next 12 months to review my cars, give people a real owners view as to what these cars are like, running costs, performance, handling, problems, journeys, events, etc. I've also a MB SL500 and mk 1 Audi TT 3.2, each of which are c. 15 years old and all between 70k-80k mileage - not necessarily as rivals, but to show the strengthens and weaknesses of each car against the other. I've know idea how successful or not the video will be but it only took me 1/2 hour with an iPhone and here it is ................

The first video is only the introduction, with each follow on video planned to specifically focus on each one of the cars. I plan to run the videos every few weeks (so there will be an update to each car every couple of months) until at least the end of the year and I'll see what the interest is like. Always happy to consider views/comments from anyone. 

Link is here

On 5/28/2019 at 3:30 PM, red rocket said:

Welcome. Look forward to seeing your Boxster video. Need to get those centre caps aligned correctly first though :busted: Nice weed free drive though! B)

Welcome and a lovely garage 😍 ,  only downside I would have put the Boxster not the TT in the prime bay for this forum anyway :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Enjoyed your first video watching here in France.

Had on 03 TT 185 Quattro for 3 years and loved it.

Too young at 57 for a Merc.

Loving my first Boxster same spec as yours and Love it.

Again the first car bought without looking at the engine as its not the easiest to get into and when I did she is very dusty.

Having owned 2 Maserati and 2 Ferrari both with over 400 BHP I can't believe how Good 280 BHP is what a car.

Not wanting to cause controversy but for me the Tiptronic is nicer than the Manual box.

Regards from Laval France.

• 1 month later...

Archived