trim removal

brendon

im about to fit a dash cam and looking to hide the wires behind the trim, im sure someone has done this before so looking for any advice on how to go about it,

just been looking on ebay for a trim removal kit, do these look about right?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-CAR-Stereo-Dashboard-Plastic-Trim-Panel-Install-Removal-Pry-Tool-Kit/112359847848?hash=item1a292b37a8:g:0RcAAOSwol5Yx1Xu

or is it possible to hardwire it into the wires in the interior light?

21 minutes ago, brendon said:

im about to fit a dash cam and looking to hide the wires behind the trim, im sure someone has done this before so looking for any advice on how to go about it,

just been looking on ebay for a trim removal kit, do these look about right?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-CAR-Stereo-Dashboard-Plastic-Trim-Panel-Install-Removal-Pry-Tool-Kit/112359847848?hash=item1a292b37a8:g:0RcAAOSwol5Yx1Xu

or is it possible to hardwire it into the wires in the interior light?

No need to remove any trim. I hardwired mine to the fuse board and simply pushed the cable behind the trim above the windscreen and down the A pillar  with flat bit of plastic (old toothbrush handle). Then did similar with rubber door jamb seal.

1 hour ago, brendon said:

thanks red i did try and push it in the gap above the windscreen but didnt seem tight enough, what did you use on the fuse board?

I used an empty slot iirc. C1 springs to mind but could be wrong. Followed what @rowbos did if he can remember; otherwise do a search and you'll bring up the relevant threads.

1 hour ago, red rocket said:

I used an empty slot iirc. C1 springs to mind but could be wrong. Followed what @rowbos did if he can remember; otherwise do a search and you'll bring up the relevant threads.

Sounds about right :)

C1 for me. Nextbase hardwire kit. Transformer behind the carpet around the fuse box. (Undo the two Phillips screws in the fuse box to remove the carpet. ) earth lead on the handy bolt at the bottom of the fuse box to chassis. Up the door seal all the way to the top. Remove the sun visor (3 x torx screws) plenty of room there to tuck behind a pillar cover from “back” to front side”. Then along the top of the windscreen trim. 

There is a fair gap there but with the cable routed at the visor end it stays put. If not Then a couple of small pieces of black foam will be invisible and will prevent it falling out. 

As others have said. No need for any trim removal. Just some patience routing cable behind seal. 

Archived