No longer the last na f6

daz05

On 6/17/2019 at 11:30 PM, Tilum said:

I enquired about the 718 Spyder over 9 months or so ago, and was told "no, you can't buy one from us as you haven't bought enough Porsches from us".... I enquired again today, but via a different contact, and was told the same.  Most of these will be bought by flippers, and not by people that actually want to keep the car and drive it!  FFS Porsche!

That’s pretty disgraceful, YOU MUST BUY MORE PORSCHES!!

When I bought my 981 new from the dealership six years ago, I enquired casually about special edition models, such as the then forthcoming Spyder.

I was told that the book was closed for years ahead. Letters of intent had been accepted on literally anything, and deposits taken accordingly years in advance.

The fact is, Porsche Main Dealers don't just want to sell their limited allocation of these cars once for 75k. They intend to sell them once for 75k, and then again in a few months for 95k or whatever the market will subsequently bear.

It's a triple-win for Main Dealers - early deposit in their hands, and two profit margins - all for a single vehicle. 'Flippers' is exactly the right word for the mechanism by which this is achieved.

The number of Porsches purchased from any Main Dealer that are required in order to become part of this privileged band of flippers - I have no idea.

On 6/19/2019 at 11:27 AM, temporarychicken said:

When I bought my 981 new from the dealership six years ago, I enquired casually about special edition models, such as the then forthcoming Spyder.

I was told that the book was closed for years ahead. Letters of intent had been accepted on literally anything, and deposits taken accordingly years in advance.

The fact is, Porsche Main Dealers don't just want to sell their limited allocation of these cars once for 75k. They intend to sell them once for 75k, and then again in a few months for 95k or whatever the market will subsequently bear.

It's a triple-win for Main Dealers - early deposit in their hands, and two profit margins - all for a single vehicle. 'Flippers' is exactly the right word for the mechanism by which this is achieved.

The number of Porsches purchased from any Main Dealer that are required in order to become part of this privileged band of flippers - I have no idea.

I dont know where this info comes from as when i enquired over a year ago the opc put me on a interested list but wouldnt or couldn't take a deposit for it .When they have an allocation they then work through the list first come first served to a certain extent. 

This is not a super limited car ? Less cayman gts have been sold than gt4s and the 718 gt4 the production run is longer.

1 hour ago, MIkeyv60 said:

I dont know where this info comes from as when i enquired over a year ago the opc put me on a interested list but wouldnt or couldn't take a deposit for it .When they have an allocation they then work through the list first come first served to a certain extent. 

This is not a super limited car ? Less cayman gts have been sold than gt4s and the 718 gt4 the production run is longer.

I think you are right Mike. The limit is the allocation made to the UK then to the dealers. The US market is big for these cars.

2 hours ago, temporarychicken said:

Good luck getting that phone call then!

Already spoken to dealer and no allocations from Porsche yet, but did say more are going to be produced than the previous 981 gt4. Yes very unlikely to get one of the first production runs but if you are happy to wait a year who knows?

4 hours ago, temporarychicken said:

If you're not in the game then there's no chance at all...

Its just not going to as limited as some hope it to be? If sound is important to you id wait to hear one first? I think a few will hold out for the pdk version and not take up their place in the q?

10 hours ago, MIkeyv60 said:

Its just not going to as limited as some hope it to be? If sound is important to you id wait to hear one first? I think a few will hold out for the pdk version and not take up their place in the q?

Good point Mike.

With the new emissions requirements the exhausts do sound muted compared to previous models. A good case in point in the upgraded Macan S which even with a sports exhaust fitted doesn’t sound half as good as the previous model. 

Archived