No longer the last na f6

daz05

There will be a queue a mile long for these, and many will be upset that they didn't get an allocation.

I think the new GT4 is where the GT3 should be but I'm not sure 400bhp  is still in the 'fun' zone for a car like the Boxster?

I enquired about the 718 Spyder over 9 months or so ago, and was told "no, you can't buy one from us as you haven't bought enough Porsches from us".... I enquired again today, but via a different contact, and was told the same.  Most of these will be bought by flippers, and not by people that actually want to keep the car and drive it!  FFS Porsche!

On a few websites its does say " Unlike before, production for these cars won't be limited "

Also from Car website " One thing we learned from the last GT4 is a lot of people couldn’t get one. Now we’re really proud enthusiasts can buy the car, rather than write letters. We’re not limited in a way, we will have a longer production run than before, and we wanted to keep it in the same price range.’ "

Best Porsche ever! I wonder what the cost will be?

update from motor1.com: The Spyder wears a price tag of $96,300, while the GT4 stickers for $99,200

No doubt very hard to get an allocation and even if you did you will need to spend £80k+ for decent spec.

I don’t think it will impact 981 prices. If you have a nice 981 S or GTS it’s massive jump in price.

Im glad Porsche have put a NA engine in though, they must be praised for that. I just wish the Spyder had a normal roof 

9 minutes ago, RBD914 v2 said:

Prices of 981's wont fall any quicker unless they put the F6 in all 718 models.

they will although still not confirmed which yet. Potentially the 3.0 turbo from the Carrera T

24 minutes ago, RBD914 v2 said:

Prices of 981's wont fall any quicker unless they put the F6 in all 718 models.

15 minutes ago, cambsnw8 said:

they will although still not confirmed which yet. Potentially the 3.0 turbo from the Carrera T

So the previous claim that there was no room for 6 cylinders AND a turbo is now outdated?

If they do put a F6 in a “normal” 718 it’s probably a year off. Porsche will want to build the hype around the new Spyder and GT4. 

I’d still take a NA 3.4 over a 3.0T. 

3 hours ago, R1HJK said:

If they do put a F6 in a “normal” 718 it’s probably a year off. Porsche will want to build the hype around the new Spyder and GT4. 

That would be interesting! I suspect it may be sooner

Archived