how much value does the OPC 2 year warranty

robporsche

afternoon,  been looking at for a 981S for a while now,  seems to be quite a few then the market quietend down,  some others have popped up, spec is good,  about 2K over my budget but i reckon i can scrape it,  25k miles,  sports exhaust,  BOS sound system, PDK,  Park assist, PCM with telephone module  for 38K. 

i've seen similar spec for a few grand cheaper, just wondering other than peace of mind what the OPC warranty gives you, are prosche pretty good when isues crop up,  my Daily is a S3 and i found audi a pain in the ar*e to deal with when i had  a water pump housing leaking.

thanks

From reading on here, Porsche seem pretty good at sorting out warranty claims. The additional benefit of the Porsch warranty is that they generally do a 111 point check on the car before issuing it, so you know that a lot of the car has been checked and found to be compliant with their standards. This means that as long as you keep using OE parts, you should be able to renew the warranty easily and this should make it easier to sell privately. If you buy without the warranty, you have no assurance that the previous owner hasn't used aftermarket parts which would have to be changed to enable a new Porsche warranty to be put in place £££. Things like non N rated tyres, brake parts and batteries seem most commonly replaced in the aftermarket.

However, keeping the car in a state to fit the warranty conditions can cost a lot as OE parts are generally a lot more expensive than similar quality parts from non OE suppliers.

1 hour ago, Nobbie said:

From reading on here, Porsche seem pretty good at sorting out warranty claims. The additional benefit of the Porsch warranty is that they generally do a 111 point check on the car before issuing it, so you know that a lot of the car has been checked and found to be compliant with their standards. This means that as long as you keep using OE parts, you should be able to renew the warranty easily and this should make it easier to sell privately. If you buy without the warranty, you have no assurance that the previous owner hasn't used aftermarket parts which would have to be changed to enable a new Porsche warranty to be put in place £££. Things like non N rated tyres, brake parts and batteries seem most commonly replaced in the aftermarket.

However, keeping the car in a state to fit the warranty conditions can cost a lot as OE parts are generally a lot more expensive than similar quality parts from non OE suppliers.

thanks,  good to hear they are good with there warranty.   I had a quick look at some photos and they sent a video and its had 4 owners and some slight stone chips which porchse said they will sort out.  Plus i noticed in the photos one of the wheels looks curbed but video they look fine.  He said thats part of the 111 check and they would have been refurbed.   I had somethign simialr on the S3 from audi and they didnt do them properly and ended up getting the lacquer go milky white.     I guess as its a used car you cant expect perfection,  so i'll have to factor in getting those done again at some stage.

My OPC  experience has been fantastic. The prep on the car was very high - it was like new when i picked it up. The whole experience was excellent from start to finish and the 111 point check plus warranty is very reassuring.  

1 hour ago, robporsche said:

thanks,  good to hear they are good with there warranty.   I had a quick look at some photos and they sent a video and its had 4 owners and some slight stone chips which porchse said they will sort out.  Plus i noticed in the photos one of the wheels looks curbed but video they look fine.  He said thats part of the 111 check and they would have been refurbed.   I had somethign simialr on the S3 from audi and they didnt do them properly and ended up getting the lacquer go milky white.     I guess as its a used car you cant expect perfection,  so i'll have to factor in getting those done again at some stage.

I’d say if your getting a 2yr warranty that is bumper to bumper, if they refurb wheels they will stand over it afaik...

a good test test is my roof issue, it was in a few times with previous owner under warranty and was never identified/fixed so now it’s out of cover I’m hoping they will still finish the job they started while actually under cover 

1 hour ago, R1HJK said:

My OPC  experience has been fantastic. The prep on the car was very high - it was like new when i picked it up. The whole experience was excellent from start to finish and the 111 point check plus warranty is very reassuring.  

Ditto on my own Boxster S. There was an issue with some minor part of the aircon (although minor, the repair was £1500!) when it came to renewal and this was fixed free of charge with no question.  I’m looking a getting (another) used Macan D in the next few weeks and will probably limit my search to vehicles that have the extended warranty in place.

thanks all seems to be the route to go then when choosing.  Just seen a rather tasty 718 now which has thrown a spanner in the work lol

I cant fault the OPC warranty - the car has to pass the 111 check before it can go out.

Even includes tyre condition and tread depth.

The car should be mint from an OPC.

Dont forget, the warranty also includes replacement car & recovery if yours breaks down.

I've used it a fair bit (over £90 k in warranty work...) - I wouldn't run a car without it.

Its one of the best features of buying from an OPC IMHO

5 hours ago, david_yorkshire said:

I've used it a fair bit (over £90 k in warranty work...) - I wouldn't run a car without it.

90k?  Wow!  Was that a fat-finger typo?  Or maybe OPC warranty work total - on more than one vehicle?

1 hour ago, noggieboxa said:

90k?  Wow!  Was that a fat-finger typo?  Or maybe OPC warranty work total - on more than one vehicle?

I think I remember he needed a new 911 GT3? engine after a track day which probably accounted for a fair chunk of that😳

just placed an offer on this one this morning,  its from OPC so i dont think they will budge that much, the 718 i also liked literally sold within 24hrs from them so perhaps not get too excited just yet.    

Seems I was too late they took an offer on the car this morning.    These porsches go quick.  I'll have my holiday and start looking again.  

Archived