Boxster S vieiwing , how is this spec and price?

robporsche

5 hours ago, robporsche said:

thanks all,  i so desperatley want one but i think thats what is holding me back is the price.  just wanted a second or third, fourth opinion on price and spec really.  Its good looker and another Porsche dealer has offered a 718 same colour with 14k miles,  and he sent me a presenation video of the 718 and the 981 and the 718 i was shocked how good it sounded.

Must have been a good video! There is a top spec 718s with sports exhaust in my road and it sounds awful.

Stick with a 981s PDK with the sports exhaust and you won’t be disappointed 👍

3 hours ago, RBD914 v2 said:

Just remember that an OPC will have £6,000 profit in that car and negotiate accordingly.

It is over priced at 37k, worth more like 34k with the warranty, make them an offer and be prepared to walk away.

I sold my 2015 981S with lower miles and much higher spec for 38k earlier this year, with some remaining Porsche warranty.

Re a 718, you need to decide if you want the flat 6 engine or not. If not, the 718's are better value - but for that very reason, not everyone wants a 4 cylinder turbo in their Porsche!

Decisions, decisions.....!

yeah thats the problem, the budget keeps creeping up it was 25k now its nearly 40k.    But yes i need to get my mind straight and no which one i want.  Ive got a neighbour who has a 911 and he was like no no no that 2ltr turbo is not a porsche ! 

2 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

Must have been a good video! There is a top spec 718s with sports exhaust in my road and it sounds awful.

Stick with a 981s PDK with the sports exhaust and you won’t be disappointed 👍

yeah i was watching so many reviews on youtube, i actually went round the office and most arent into cars and said what do you think sounds best and they all said 718 ( i did they werent car people didnt i lol)

7 hours ago, CMA said:

Was the presentation video static? And did either have PSE (sports Exhaust)? If it was just revving standing still there's less difference, but put the 981 on the road up towards the redline with PSE under load and lift off. Some like the eagerness of the engine in the 981 as opposed to the lower revving more torquey 718. I'd drive both if you are considering either. It all depends on your preferences.

I'd say £37k is a bit on the high side. But you can try to negotiate in things, I negotiated in PSE for my 981s. You can also decline the Warranty and Road Assistance if you wish to reduce the cost. But you will always pay more for a OPC car than a dealer or private

yeah it was static and i dont think the 981 he had there had a PSE but the one i want has.    

Archived