Boxster S vieiwing , how is this spec and price?

robporsche

Hi all,  ive floated between the 718 and 981s,  i'm viewing a 981s at the weekend (cant get any time off work),  quite a journey for me to get there.  its at the very top end of my budget £37000 and its from porsche so with warranty.

I havent seen many and its slightly scary spending that sort of money but at the same time i think if i waste time it will proabbly go again.

They will accept a 2k deposit on it.  They have sent me a presentation video and the car looks lovley, spec wise below loosk pretty good

Has done 25000miles.

20-inch Carrera Classic wheel

• BOSESurround Sound System
  • Floor mats
  • Guards Red seat belts
  • Leather package
  • Light design package
  • Mesh wind deflector
  • ParkAssist front and rear
  • Porsche Communication Management (PCM) including navigation module with universal audio interface
  • Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
  • Porsche wheel crest
  • Seat heating
  • SportDesign steering wheel
  • Sports exhaust system
  • Telephone module for PCM
  • Top tinted windscreen

How does that price sound when its from porsche.

thanks

its a red one,  with black leather.    No NAV or PASM which isnt too much or problem for me.   Also no auto dimming mirrors or is that standard on the S?

No Cruise control, would have been nice but again for what i'll be using the car for.

would recommend you look at Ashgoods website, much cheaper and with savings could add a warrenty and have a few grand left over inc a better spec car

good lads to deal with as well plus can add any options to a car you like....

When you buy from a main dealer, they will show the sales price less around £1,800 for the warranty which is about what it was worth to me.

Mine was a 2014 981S with 18k miles on it in Agate. I asked them to include new front tyres fitted (old ones still loads of tread but original and slight perishing on shoulders) and cover a chunk of the forthcoming service in September as it was due a few months after purchase. Finally I asked for another £1k off the asking which they deliberated for a while whilst I asked them to hurry since I had to view others at another dealer. Very happy with the deal and the sales process from that dealer.

The car is so much fun that I soon forgot I'd blown my original £30k budget by some way since the car I wanted sits on my driveway and has been great fun to date. In fact, I use it a lot as my daily driver as the smiles per gallon are enormous!

I think the price sounds reasonable from an OPC, you can get an  ‘S’ starting with a 2 but it will be an early car with 40k+ miles not from an OPC.

12 minutes ago, zagamuffin said:

plus can add any options to a car you like....

Well it depends what you like, but they can’t (certainly in a cost effective way) add PASM, Sport Chrono, extended leather etc.

53 minutes ago, robporsche said:

No NAV

Your original spec says it has got NAV module?      It wouldn’t be a essential for me either but speak to Porsche sales guys and they suggest they are near unsellable without (hyperbole clearly),  so if it hasn’t got NAV make sure you use it as a negotiation lever.

10 minutes ago, Happy Days said:

Google Maps on your phone works just as good. The problem with the PCM Maps is that it needs dealer updated - and that will be £XXX sir...

a good supplier now offers these on ebay for £100 quid and is proven to work by a few club members 

Does seem high for a 5 year old car, but it is the most expensive time to buy, middle of summer. Should buy these in the depths of a bad winter...should get a £2k off the price..lol

Also a new one, albeit base spec is only £9K more at £46k.

thanks all,  i so desperatley want one but i think thats what is holding me back is the price.  just wanted a second or third, fourth opinion on price and spec really.  Its good looker and another Porsche dealer has offered a 718 same colour with 14k miles,  and he sent me a presenation video of the 718 and the 981 and the 718 i was shocked how good it sounded.

24 minutes ago, robporsche said:

thanks all,  i so desperatley want one but i think thats what is holding me back is the price.  just wanted a second or third, fourth opinion on price and spec really.  Its good looker and another Porsche dealer has offered a 718 same colour with 14k miles,  and he sent me a presenation video of the 718 and the 981 and the 718 i was shocked how good it sounded.

Was the presentation video static? And did either have PSE (sports Exhaust)? If it was just revving standing still there's less difference, but put the 981 on the road up towards the redline with PSE under load and lift off. Some like the eagerness of the engine in the 981 as opposed to the lower revving more torquey 718. I'd drive both if you are considering either. It all depends on your preferences.

I'd say £37k is a bit on the high side. But you can try to negotiate in things, I negotiated in PSE for my 981s. You can also decline the Warranty and Road Assistance if you wish to reduce the cost. But you will always pay more for a OPC car than a dealer or private

2 minutes ago, Nobbie said:

You don't mention 'climate', so assume it's just basic aircon on that car?

yeah i think it just has basic aircon.   

23 minutes ago, Pezky said:

£37k is a lot for a 5yr old car (unless you are selling it for that:D), you can pick up the oldest 718s' for that

https://www.dovehousecars.com/car/1362-porsche-boxster-718--2-0-pdk

might be able to knock them down a bit as it will be due a service soon (20k pa or every 2 years)

yeah did seem alot and busting my budget on what i orignally had,  but you just keep stepping up a couple of thousand ago and all of a sudden im in a 718 miami blue with 3k on the clock lol

will have a think about it.  

Just remember that an OPC will have £6,000 profit in that car and negotiate accordingly.

It is over priced at 37k, worth more like 34k with the warranty, make them an offer and be prepared to walk away.

I sold my 2015 981S with lower miles and much higher spec for 38k earlier this year, with some remaining Porsche warranty.

Re a 718, you need to decide if you want the flat 6 engine or not. If not, the 718's are better value - but for that very reason, not everyone wants a 4 cylinder turbo in their Porsche!

Decisions, decisions.....!

how about these 

https://www.ashgood.co.uk/vehicle-details/Used-Porsche-Boxster-24V-Pdk-For-Sale-U1372

https://www.ashgood.co.uk/vehicle-details/Used-Porsche-Boxster-24V-S-Pdk-For-Sale-U1336

had an offer made out for both in ashgoods office until my current car popped up on a notification e-mail as i was working out the deal,had allowed to add exhaust etc where not factory 

It's the going rate as far as opc asking prices go, but I think you can take get 3k off that on the basis it doesnt have nav, it's a tough sell for them as most people want it and the screen resolution is horrible without it.

Don't worry too much about the entry fee these cars hold their value very well. 12 plates were this price 2 years ago.

Archived