Any Ideas on Fault Codes?....

MAC99V

Heh all, hoping someone may be able to assist, googled the numbers and found nothing.

Had the 'piwis' run on the car and the following fault codes are shown. Cars in for a service with Porsche in the coming week, just wondered if anyone can shed some light on these prior.....

CDR30 shows C202

FRONT shows 802C

GATEWAY shows 8003

REAR shows C123

Only had the car just over 4 months, bit of work done (£3.5k) on pipes, brakes, coffin boxes etc soon as i had the car, recent MOT had front headlight out of line, so chaps rectified that there and then and I do know the car had a new battery prior to my purchase.

Any help, suggestions, greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

M

Did they clear the codes to see if they come back?  The C codes are communication errors, and the other two relate to the brake lights and a headlight bulb.  All could be just a blip.  If I had a £ for every spurious fault code on 987s and 981s I have seen, I would be a rich man.  These types of codes are stored until they are cleared, and often workshops just don't bother (despite it being part of the service schedule). 

@Richard Hamilton   I did the scan.

I didn’t reset the codes.  

We did a quick visual check on the daytime running lights and all working fine.  Nothing in the piwis descriptions of details that suggested a “time since fault”  although the one indicating no signal from the daytime running light / headlight had an error count of 50  

The one I drilled into. The “headlight” one showed “not present”. It was only the 50 count that spiked my inquisitive nerve  

I resisted the temptation to clear them because op may want to get a 111 point check done and I kind of figured (given that every 987 I have looked at, including mine” always has “something” logged ) that OPC might be surprised to find “nothing” maybe just my cynical nature showing through. 

@MAC99V  your call, happy to clear them and see what happens. I strongly suspect that they are historic / glitch. 

Thanks Paul, Richard....

After your comments I'm more inclined to just let the OPC bring it to my attention if it's an issue, happy to leave it as it is.

Thank you for the posts. Cheers, M

Archived