Mr Phil Truelove

Phil T

I have just recasés  one of my keys in a new key fib bought on line and it locks doors and opens boot/ bonnet but will not start the car engine but second older key still works 

any ideas ? Is it a syncing issue?

phil 

40 minutes ago, Phil T said:

I have just recasés  one of my keys in a new key fib bought on line and it locks doors and opens boot/ bonnet but will not start the car engine but second older key still works 

any ideas ? Is it a syncing issue?

phil 

Welcome Phil. Trust my advice to join up works and someone comes up with the answer for you. 

You need to move the transponder chip over.

The key bodies you buy on Amazon/Ebay dont have a transponder in them.

What I did was use the buttons off the new one and put them and the top on the existing base.....

Thanks all - there is a small black piece that looks like plastic but it is more like a small oblong magnet that Ibhad left in the old casing - once that was in the new casing it worked !

not sure if that is the «  transponder «  but either way it worked !

phil 

2 hours ago, Phil T said:

Thanks all - there is a small black piece that looks like plastic but it is more like a small oblong magnet that Ibhad left in the old casing - once that was in the new casing it worked !

not sure if that is the «  transponder «  but either way it worked !

phil 

Told you someone would sort it for you.......this place is the font of all Boxster knowledge. 

Archived