Bloody drain holes!

Happy Days

Ok - I'm getting paranoid about these bloody drain holes. I tried to have a look today. Here's what I came up with.

Put the roof in this position.

J3wwYbw.jpg

Behind this hose

4xI6khi.jpg

Is this the hole?

CmzDdtR.jpg

RR1vDw1.jpg

I tried pouring a jug of water down it. It all came pouring out of the sill around where the intake air vent is. A drop came out from behind the intake as well.There doesn't appear to be a single point of output that I could see anyway.

Looks to me a lot like the issues with 986/987 with blocked drain holes might not be relevant to 981/718? Correct me please?

Yep, they are the drain holes. 

On 7/6/2019 at 11:29 AM, Pezky said:

I think they are the same but different IYSWIM

On the passenger side, there appears to be a rubber "gutter" connected to a black flexible pipe, can't see any drain holes lower down

zT60mDy.jpg

Xy7l6DV.jpg

On the drivers side there is a large drain hole (complete with sycamore leave in my car but haven't got anything long enough to reach it!) and again a rubber gutter connected to a flexible pipe

pS4ACOT.jpg

6Zq0sdJ.jpg

A bit of googling on US of A forums found the drain holes appear to come out by the side vents:blink: In his notes there was loads on pine needles and dirt etc in these outlets

jHIoHMx.jpg

moxU383.jpg

Yep that’s the correct hole or drain. Trombone cleaner from amazon does the job. 

I have to do mine every 2-3 months or I can hear water sloshing around and a wet seatbelt 

Jim 

I was at at a PCGB this morning - 35 pork - loads of Boxsters - put my roof half way up and asked for a bit of help checking that I was doing things right with my drain holes - what did I get ? guys scratching their heads saying they never cleaned theirs out !!

It took one of the other lady Boxster owners (their are only 4 of us ladies within driving distance of Sazzy  including me ) to confirm what I thought and that I need to get a bigger trombone cleaner,but need to make sure I don't split the gromit - I mean - how hard do you have to poke it without causing a split in it 😱

7 minutes ago, John K said:

I wasn't going to say, but CAZ has gone the full Finbar...

I don't know what you mean 😉

3 hours ago, CAZ said:

I was at at a PCGB this morning - 35 pork - loads of Boxsters - put my roof half way up and asked for a bit of help checking that I was doing things right with my drain holes - what did I get ? guys scratching their heads saying they never cleaned theirs out !!

It took one of the other lady Boxster owners (their are only 4 of us ladies within driving distance of Sazzy  including me ) to confirm what I thought and that I need to get a bigger trombone cleaner,but need to make sure I don't split the gromit - I mean - how hard do you have to poke it without causing a split in it 😱

So you are telling us you need to look for a cleaner with more girth and length?  Sounds sensible 🤔

1 hour ago, rowbos said:

So you are telling us you need to look for a cleaner with more girth and length?  Sounds sensible 🤔

We all know it's how you use it that counts 😉

Archived