Number of owners

alank

Hi looking at a 2013.  S. With 5 owners. I am a bit concerned about this many over 6 years. Also it will make me the 6th when it comes to selling on and that is starting to get a little high I would have thought. Any thoughts. Cheers 

I think this is very much how you feel about the car. If it was what I wanted, spec and colour wise, I'd be happy. Of course there will be some who would be put off by the number of owners the car has had but numerous owners of Porsches, including me!, do seem to swop them in after a relatively short period of ownership. in my case this is to get the next shinny thing that has taken my fancy!

You need to judge primarily on condition and service history. A lower number of owners would be better but people do buy these cars on a whim on a sunny summer's day and then find out the reality of day-to-day ownership isn't quite so practical/romantic so they fall out of use and eventually get sold.

Depends if you intend to keep it for a while or flip it after a few months - its not ideal, but as others have said, if the condition, spec, miles etc are all what you want and the price reflects the number of owners, then go for it.

Despite our best intentions, Boxster's aren't really that rare so there should be a good choice of available cars - and with the winter weather approaching you may see a few more hit the listings

When were the ownership changes made? 3 in the last 6-12 months might put me off but otherwise should be ok if everything else stacks up.

At least you checked, I bought a car once and after purchase, found out I was the 4th owner in less than a year. I ended up keeping it for 5 years!

Archived