981 warping door cards - FIXED

Adamsky

Hi all,

a few months ago I posted in a topic about the door cards warping in my 981S. The leather on top of the door was also coming off.

Instead of ordering new door cards which would cost an arm and a leg (for a known fault on these models and I believe the 911 models from the 2012 era) I took it upon myself to seek advice and potentially look to get them fixed.

I have managed to fix them and get them back to normal! the door card is not warped anymore and has fit perfectly since the alteration. I have tried uploading pictures of it, but only says I can upload 92mb?

If you are having trouble or any problems with the door cards please let me know as I will put you in touch with the guy that did mine!

6 minutes ago, Adamsky said:

Hi all,

a few months ago I posted in a topic about the door cards warping in my 981S. The leather on top of the door was also coming off.

Instead of ordering new door cards which would cost an arm and a leg (for a known fault on these models and I believe the 911 models from the 2012 era) I took it upon myself to seek advice and potentially look to get them fixed.

I have managed to fix them and get them back to normal! the door card is not warped anymore and has fit perfectly since the alteration. I have tried uploading pictures of it, but only says I can upload 92mb?

If you are having trouble or any problems with the door cards please let me know as I will put you in touch with the guy that did mine!

Morning.  Sound like good news on your solution 👍

You need to host photos on Flickr or Imgur or similar and then post a link to them on the forum.  You can't post photos directly on here - there is limited capacity per user for images. 

8 minutes ago, rowbos said:

Morning.  Sound like good news on your solution 👍

You need to host photos on Flickr or Imgur or similar and then post a link to them on the forum.  You can't post photos directly on here - there is limited capacity per user for images. 

Ahh great I will get them done tonight then - work block the imgur and flickr....

16 hours ago, Stuart21UK said:

very interested to see pictures of this...was unaware that it was a 'known issue' as not heard about it on any Porsche let alone 981's (or 911's)

have you got before and afters?

Yeah I read a bit online about the 911’s doing it. Mainly in the warmer climates (California was the forums I was reading) and it started to happen when we had the start of the really hot weather over here... will try and put pics on later

2 hours ago, Adamsky said:

Yeah I read a bit online about the 911’s doing it. Mainly in the warmer climates (California was the forums I was reading) and it started to happen when we had the start of the really hot weather over here... will try and put pics on later

:thumbsup_anim:

On 9/9/2019 at 6:00 PM, Stuart21UK said:

very interested to see pictures of this...was unaware that it was a 'known issue' as not heard about it on any Porsche let alone 981's (or 911's)

have you got before and afters?

There is a dedicated Facebook group aiming to get enough names for a class action lawsuit in the US!  As they say its generally hot climate specific I think.

16 hours ago, daz05 said:

There is a dedicated Facebook group aiming to get enough names for a class action lawsuit in the US!  As they say its generally hot climate specific I think.

Yes I think it is ridiculous how bad the weather effects the cars. The leather is held on to the door by sticky back tape - literally...

Hot weathers’s not much of an issue up here in the people Republic of Jockistan!

However interested in seeing the fix, good stuff 

:)

2 hours ago, Duffy3074 said:

Hot weathers’s not much of an issue up here in the people Republic of Jockistan!

However interested in seeing the fix, good stuff 

:)

haha I thought we would have the same issue in the UK - but I guess global warming...

Apologies but I haven't been on my home pc to upload them yet! will get round to doing it on Saturday :) 

Archived