Anyone used Precision porsche for private inspection

robporsche

I think ive finally found the car, 981 S,  30K spec as below.   I've just put a holding deposit on the car pending a private inspection and found Precision porsche.  

1 LADY OWNER WITH ONLY 33,000 MILES FROM NEW. Guards Red With Full Black Leather. Optional Specification Includes Sport Chrono Package,PCM With Navigation,Telephone Module For PCM,Sound Package Plus,Universal Audio Interface,14 Way Fully Electric Sports Seats With Lumbar & Driver Memory Settings,Heated Seats,Multi Function Steering Wheel,2 Zone Climate Control,Rear Park Assist,Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM),PDK Transmission With Auto Start/Stop Function,Bi-Xenons,Wind Deflector,Unmarked 20" Carrera S Alloys With Porsche Badge In Colour,Porsche Vehicle Tracking System,Fitted Porsche Carpet Mats etc,etc. Cost New In Excess Of £56k With Circa £12k Of Optional Extras.

Supplied New And Fully Serviced In 2014, 2016 & 2018 By Porsche Centre Mid Sussex. Complete With A New 12 Months MOT,Owners Book Pack & Both Remote Keys

I've spoken to Porsche Sussex who have done all the servicing and they have said its a great car and was only out of extended warranty in may.   Not sure if i will go down the route OPC warranty but i have to own the car for 90 days before i can apply that anyway

thanks

I paid over £300 for an inspection on a lemon l didn’t buy so maybe consider getting a Porsche warranty 111 inspection as they will honor it for the warranty extension or my OPC did anyway .maybe consider getting the current owner to 111 check and take out 2 year  warranty and then pay them the cost of test and warranty INC in purchase price , current owner can warranty straight away plus any issues can be a negotiating lever 

hi all its at a dealership not porsche though.   Why did the lady at porsche tell me that i had to own the car for 90 days before they would provide a warranty.  It had the extended warranty on it and ran out in may, as i say its been to OPC for all its servicing .

19 minutes ago, robporsche said:

hi all its at a dealership not porsche though.   Why did the lady at porsche tell me that i had to own the car for 90 days before they would provide a warranty.  It had the extended warranty on it and ran out in may, as i say its been to OPC for all its servicing .

I dont think you can transfer a OPC warranty once its sold tbrough a dealer, makes sense when you think about it .

9 minutes ago, Topbox said:

I dont think you can transfer a OPC warranty once its sold tbrough a dealer, makes sense when you think about it .

yeah id have to take it out myself which isnt a problem as such but its when she said i have to prove ive owned the car for 90 days.

anyone have thoughts on the spec,  overpriced?  seems underpriced to me and clean which makes me concerned but then im always like this when buying cars.

10 hours ago, boxtastic said:

Price looks good value to me and a fairly decent spec.

£2/3k lower than the likes of Ashgood would charge, but looks like a small “one-man-band”, so I’d expect the price to be lower.

Hope it all checks out okay!

thanks,   not the perfect spec but i spent the evening going through similar mileage/spec cars and yeah its a good couple thousand below others.   Spoke to the dealer last night and hes sold lots of Porsches before and has no problem driving it to porsche in his area for the check so will book it for the check today.  Fingers crossed.

quick question if anyone is around,   Porsche will perform the 111 check but they wont do it to extend the warranty and i would still need to do it.

So question for you more experienced owners,   which one would you trust more,  Porsche OPC performing 111 check or a local independant Porsche outfit who will check it.  Who do you think will be better.

Distance they are about the same for the dealer to drive to.

thanks

12 hours ago, robporsche said:

yeah id have to take it out myself which isnt a problem as such but its when she said i have to prove ive owned the car for 90 days.

It has always been thus, or was when I bought my car 10 years ago. There is actually a logic to it, but escapes me now. 

Booked in for 111 Porsche Check,  peace of mind and as its Porsche probably carries more weight than a independent check. Fingers crossed theres nothing wrong with it.

Archived