Nice GTS with Buckets

718as

On 12/25/2019 at 11:59 AM, ATM said:

Still toying with x73 for mine. It doesn't feel soft and I do like being able to clear curbs without a second thought but I wander if something a bit firmer would give me more feel. 

When I drove the 987 Spyder which has x73 there was some more feel in general, even taking the steering out of the equation it would still be the case I think.  We are talking shades of grey rather than revolution.

On 12/26/2019 at 9:29 PM, daz05 said:

When I drove the 987 Spyder which has x73 there was some more feel in general, even taking the steering out of the equation it would still be the case I think.  We are talking shades of grey rather than revolution.

987 has hydraulic steering so not really a fair comparison to a 981.

5 hours ago, ATM said:

987 has hydraulic steering so not really a fair comparison to a 981.

Yes as I said even taking the steering out of the equation you feel more through your seat and the chassis in general.  My point being adding x73 parts to yours will likely make a marginal improvement in terms of overall feel.

On 12/29/2019 at 11:33 PM, daz05 said:

Yes as I said even taking the steering out of the equation you feel more through your seat and the chassis in general.  My point being adding x73 parts to yours will likely make a marginal improvement in terms of overall feel.

I'd love a 987 Spyder but not sure I could live with that roof.

Archived