Nice GTS with Buckets

718as

9 minutes ago, daz05 said:

Seems to have been sitting around, 26k in august 17, 26k in april 18 and now just 28k on the clock.

Haircutted?

But really no need at this mileage/value....

Cheers, Baggers.

No dual climate, sigh 

Buckets and X73 are a marmite combo in a GTS, rare yes gut for a reason IMHO. PASM is such a great system in a Porsche, why would you want a none dynamic suspension in a road car ? 

Nice car though 😉

50 minutes ago, Jonttt said:

No dual climate, sigh 

Buckets and X73 are a marmite combo in a GTS, rare yes gut for a reason IMHO. PASM is such a great system in a Porsche, why would you want a none dynamic suspension in a road car ? 

Nice car though 😉

Having had a go in a Spyder with this spec recently I can see the appeal. More feel through the buckets and a sharper set up with x73 were my conclusions.

I had some reservations about the ride bit it was actually ok.

It is a gorgeous GTS ,my next purchase hopefully in the new year

16 hours ago, daz05 said:

Having had a go in a Spyder with this spec recently I can see the appeal. More feel through the buckets and a sharper set up with x73 were my conclusions.

I had some reservations about the ride bit it was actually ok.

agreed - I have X73 and buckets in my BGTS and like the combo v much. It's a fair weather/fun car; I suppose X73 could get wearing in daily use. The lack of front ground clearance is annoying but the the purposeful stance is lovely to view. And to drive!

57 minutes ago, Carmine said:

agreed - I have X73 and buckets in my BGTS and like the combo v much. It's a fair weather/fun car; I suppose X73 could get wearing in daily use. The lack of front ground clearance is annoying but the the purposeful stance is lovely to view. And to drive!

Sounds lovely, mine has the same purpose hence why I like this type of thing over and above the comfort options.  My Golf is better daily anyway, warms up much quicker this time of year!

• 1 month later...

I've been driving my 996 daily even in this cold weather. It's got kw coil over suspension so it's very low and very very stiff. I have swapped the 18 wheels for 17 so I get a bit of movement from the tyre but the suspension hardly moves at all. I'm even driving without the heater on to minimise the condensation effect from the windows cooling down when I stop. I will admit its far from ideal but if you want to enjoy your Porsche all year round you have to make allowances. Sports cars aren't meant to be super comfy. If you want comfort you need a different car.

16 minutes ago, ATM said:

I've been driving my 996 daily even in this cold weather. It's got kw coil over suspension so it's very low and very very stiff. I have swapped the 18 wheels for 17 so I get a bit of movement from the tyre but the suspension hardly moves at all.

Are you able to adjust the damping rates on the KWs fitted to your 996?

Just now, ATM said:

Yes if they're not seized.

Ah - guess a rebuild courtesy of KW is on the cards then. Tricky on daily - mine (also my daily) are due a rebuild at KWMS which will be scheduled around holidays in the first half of next year. 

On 10/31/2019 at 1:05 PM, Carmine said:

The lack of front ground clearance is annoying but the the purposeful stance is lovely to view. And to drive!

Love the X73 on my S, as above it improves not only the handling but the aesthetics. 

4 hours ago, ATM said:

Sports cars aren't meant to be super comfy. If you want comfort you need a different car.

+1😃

Archived