My new (to me) 987.1 LED rear lights.

chanlon1

11 minutes ago, sa utah said:

Looks good.   Can you tell me about that bumper and spoiler though ?   I like that look a lot 

Standard for a Sport Edition. The spoiler is same as on Cayman so you can swap -@Jason986S has/had one for sale. Think it leaves a small gap against standard bumper. Think you can buy the different bumper too but not cheap.

19 hours ago, chanlon1 said:

Re the spoiler, whilst it adds a level of uniqueness to the car, it has a major design flaw. 
The surface of the spoiler is kind of concaved and water just pools there after washing or raining.

So much better looking than the standard one though... of course as a fellow SE owner, I might be biased.

20 hours ago, chanlon1 said:

Re the spoiler, whilst it adds a level of uniqueness to the car, it has a major design flaw. 
The surface of the spoiler is kind of concaved and water just pools there after washing or raining. 

I wouldn’t call that a design flaw, just unfortunate. Wont really affect or hurt anything. And I assume you dry your car after washing and if the car has any wax/sealant on it, the aquaphobic nature and driving over 10mph and i’ll have blown away.  The cosmetic benefit of the spoiler outweighs the negative described in my opinion.

p.s my spoiler is sold (weeks ago) so not bumping it up to sell.

Archived