James

Sedz

Just changed from my 986 to a 987 at the weekend and i have a couple of problems so looking for some help. I have a CDR24 which didn’t look like it had any power, red light on right hand side was blinking. After checking fuse (D9), it was fine, put it back in and stereo was working. All good. Next day, back to not working again but taking fuse in and out resolved the problem, any ideas???  Other issue is that heated seats not working, no lights on switches or anything. Are there any fuses to check (E 1 and 2, power seats work fine). Read online that sometimes car can forget about upgrades and needs to be reprogrammed if battery was dead. This has been case for car i bought. Anything you can help with, most appreciated.  Cheers.

Not unusual for car to forget about heated seats. (Can also affect interior light and headlights apparently )

cure is apparently a handover reset, needs a piwis diags system to do it. 

check on the sticky in the technical section for a map of folks who have the kit, if not then a good indy or a Porsche dealer can do it obviously.  

stereo sounds weird.  Wonder if there has been an aftermarket fitted at some point and the wiring has been “altered”. Might be worth pulling the unit and making sure everything looks ok. If not then the unit itself may be faulty. 

A friend disconnected battery to add Bluetooth to his 997.1 and the heated seats stopped working. Dealer just cycled through the tests on a durametric and they started working again

Archived