swapping standard steering wheel for macan or 718 ?

robporsche

ive got the standard wheel in my car and want to swap out for macan or 718 wheel.  I have a multifunction wheel but not heated.   Lots on ebay and someone offered me a really good price on a wheel out of 911 991.2 and said it would fit my boxster.   remember reading a thread on someone that had done it and didnt seem too bad a job to do.   

I have considered this mod but not got around to it.  I have the sports wheel anyway and as the car isn't a daily it isn't really essential (not that that's ever a reason)

I understand that as well as the wheel you will need a module from a chap in China and an activation code from another one in Russia. 

I'm sure that somebody else will be along soon with the necessary links. 

Good luck with the mod, when I find time I may well do the same to mine. 

I recently enquired about the exact same thing.

a seller on eBay had a practically new steering wheel off his GT3 (he changed for alcantara)  which was exactly same as my Macan one but for the fact it was carbon & heated.

I tried to see if my OPC would fit it without warranty issues but their stance was as it wasn’t a tech equipment option or an option during the original build they wouldn’t guarantee it would fit and code properly!! 
I was thinking that that couldn’t really be bothered to do a little leg work and confirm properly in all honesty but may very well be wrong.

I did this mod a year or so back and is so easy. If you don't want a heated wheel, tis just simple plug and play via the module from G.P. in China. Only if you use the heat function will you need a new click spring and re coding.

As r1flyguy had previously said, OPCs are useless at doing none standard work!

IMHO there expertise is limited to the creation of huge bills😆😆.

5 hours ago, mneil said:

I did this mod a year or so back and is so easy. If you don't want a heated wheel, tis just simple plug and play via the module from G.P. in China. Only if you use the heat function will you need a new click spring and re coding.

As r1flyguy had previously said, OPCs are useless at doing none standard work!

IMHO there expertise is limited to the creation of huge bills😆😆.

Thanka I think when I read the thread i needed to read a bit more on it as I was getting confused to what I actually needed to do it .   I have the the multifunction wheel but not heated so looks like it would be a straight swap for me then just need to find a good priced wheel and airbag.   Is it easy to remove the steering wheel?

If you find the G.P.S. web site, there are videos and diagrams that take you through every stage and including  marking the centre of the SW shaft before you remove the wheel. Both the plugs are colour coded and you can't go wrong.

21 hours ago, mneil said:

If you find the G.P.S. web site, there are videos and diagrams that take you through every stage and including  marking the centre of the SW shaft before you remove the wheel. Both the plugs are colour coded and you can't go wrong.

thanks, yeah found it and spoke to paul there and hes already been really helpful and walked me through it, seems easy enough.  Will keep a eye out for a cheapish wheel now.  

Archived