Looking for 2004 model Cup-Holder trim piece

Billzeebub

The front trim piece of my pop-out cup holders has broken off and one side has snapped. I wonder if anyone has a spare? Porsche are saying you have to buy the complete mechanism to get this one piece! 😇

Many thanks

28 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Look up Douglas Valley Breakers or Steve Strange on eBay.

Yeah, have heard of them before. Will give them a call, cheers

8 hours ago, the baron said:

Cup holder in a Boxster what ever next, 

I've got a pair of the ones that clip into the air vent for the early model 986s.  Great for holding a small water bottle being blasted by cool a/c air when driving roof down in hot weather.

1 hour ago, ½cwt said:

I've got a pair of the ones that clip into the air vent for the early model 986s.  Great for holding a small water bottle being blasted by cool a/c air when driving roof down in hot weather.

Thanks mate, but primarily looking for the trim piece that fits on the front of the mechanism. I was hoping someone may have a broken mechanism that they would donate me the part for a few beer vouchers. Cheers anyway

30 minutes ago, Billzeebub said:

Thanks mate, but primarily looking for the trim piece that fits on the front of the mechanism. I was hoping someone may have a broken mechanism that they would donate me the part for a few beer vouchers. Cheers anyway

I dont think he was offering to sell his

56 minutes ago, the baron said:

I dont think he was offering to sell his

yeah, he was drawing my attention to their availability-which I already knew about. thanked anyways 

Absolutely right @the baron, these are not for sale, just justifying cup holders in a 986 to you even of the cost of them from my local OPC was a bit of an indulgence.

Douglas Valley have several of the post facelift holders on eBay but they are upwards of £100 after delivery is thrown in...  could try messaging him with a cheeky offer. It has been known to work on occasions.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_ssn=stevestrange007&LH_PrefLoc=&_from=R40&_trksid=p2499338.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xcup+holder.TRS0&_nkw=cup+holder&_sacat=0

Archived