Fitting pioneer 230dab to Bose

Nick C

I've got it wired correctly, I've earthed the handbrake (green) cable on the stereo to cancel it out, something definitely wrong with the canbus, I've followed the very basic instructions from incartec but still can't get the steering wheel controls to work. 

Really annoying. 

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

had the head unit in for a week, I get a faint alternator whine whilst the head unit is powering up but as soon as it switches fully on it stops, also I sometimes get s pop when I switch off the car?? I've spoken to an audio guy who said I need to try another head unit???

Any advice would be great. 

Nick. 

13 hours ago, Nick C said:

UPDATE

had the head unit in for a week, I get a faint alternator whine whilst the head unit is powering up but as soon as it switches fully on it stops, also I sometimes get s pop when I switch off the car?? I've spoken to an audio guy who said I need to try another head unit???

Any advice would be great. 

Nick. 

I fitted an aftermarket stereo to my 987 (Pioneer but no BOSE system) and a separate amplifier and had a big problem with alternator whine. It seems that the 987 cabin is a very electrically noisy place and my solution was carefully routing some heavily shielded RCA cables to connect the HU to the amplifier. I don't fully understand the kit you have installed but solving the alternator whine problem isn't a simple one. 

Turn-off pop? It's a common problem. Google it and you'll find a solution. 

All the cables are the factory fitted ones apart from the harness to the new head unit to adapt for the Bose, the pop only happens sometimes. Also does the pioneer 230 have a cooling fan cause I can hear it sometimes??

Thanks for everyone's replies. 

Nick. 

Also can anyone tell me if the pioneer 230 does have a cooling fan cause I can hear it faintly plus what's the best dab aerial, I brought one that's an amplified  plastic bar  that sticks to your windscreen that's well hidden but the dab breaks up lots. 

Cheers for any help. 

This head unit is doing my head in, might put the pcm2.1 back in. 

Archived