Nooo.....It happens in 3's

MAC99V

11 hours ago, MAC99V said:

ok thanks,   ive been talking to that seller and he doesnt have any 15mm spacers at the moment.   I was led to believe the ones that bolt onto the wheel then the wheel bolt to the spacers was better, obviously more expensive. other than that im not sure what the advantages are.

12 hours ago, robporsche said:

ok thanks,   ive been talking to that seller and he doesnt have any 15mm spacers at the moment.   I was led to believe the ones that bolt onto the wheel then the wheel bolt to the spacers was better, obviously more expensive. other than that im not sure what the advantages are.

Hi Rob....Took the car to have the spacers fitted yesterday (incase i instilled more damage),  place where we all get our tyres done, first thoughts out of the package, he was dubious, during fitting, he said they'd been made to fit like a glove, perfect with no movement at all, as if they'd been supplied by porsche themselves. He said if he'd have had any concerns, he'd have told me to send them back, so I'm happy with his comments and the product of course. All the best, M (wheel being repaired next week where i chipped it)....

10 hours ago, MAC99V said:

Hi Rob....Took the car to have the spacers fitted yesterday (incase i instilled more damage),  place where we all get our tyres done, first thoughts out of the package, he was dubious, during fitting, he said they'd been made to fit like a glove, perfect with no movement at all, as if they'd been supplied by porsche themselves. He said if he'd have had any concerns, he'd have told me to send them back, so I'm happy with his comments and the product of course. All the best, M (wheel being repaired next week where i chipped it)....

thats really good news, i'll keep a eye when he gets some more stock.   are you happy how it looks i wish you pushed them out more, my main concern is increase stone chips.    

4 hours ago, robporsche said:

thats really good news, i'll keep a eye when he gets some more stock.   are you happy how it looks i wish you pushed them out more, my main concern is increase stone chips.    

Exactly what i said to him rob, stone chips. He said not out enough to make a great difference, it’s subtle, but visually makes a difference. I’ll give it some time, see if there’s noticeable road rash chips, if so, rectify and get coated with clear film. Had no issues on my rs4 but then bumper covered more as it didn’t sweep up as it does on the boxster....

Beginning to wonder if my latest car has spacers (easy to check I know. Just haven’t yet ) but there’s def more stone chips on the hips and the a**e gets dirtier on this than the previous. 

Previous 2.9 on 18’s.  Current 3.4 on 19’s 

perhaps it’s just the rim sizes are different.  

12 hours ago, Paul P said:

Beginning to wonder if my latest car has spacers (easy to check I know. Just haven’t yet ) but there’s def more stone chips on the hips and the a**e gets dirtier on this than the previous. 

Previous 2.9 on 18’s.  Current 3.4 on 19’s 

perhaps it’s just the rim sizes are different.  

deffo something i'll keep my eye one. If it does start to show anything visible, I'll have clear ppf applied. Enjoying the 'blue' car?.....

3 hours ago, MAC99V said:

deffo something i'll keep my eye one. If it does start to show anything visible, I'll have clear ppf applied. Enjoying the 'blue' car?.....

Yup. Loving it.  And its partly down to blue boxster envy I got from yours.  

Archived