P0036 Fault Code

Khaa1329

Sounds like an ageing or faulty lambda. If sensor 2 is post cat I probably wouldn't worry too much. 

2 hours ago, Khaa1329 said:

How do I know if post cat? What are the costs for replacement?

Sensor 2 is normally post cat. Stick your reg in Eurocarparts, look for lambda, 02 or oxygen sensor for a rough price. 

Labour depends on the condition of your car underneath. At the East end it's drive onto ramp, raise ramp, remove cover, pick up spanner, then spanner, remove lambda. Or it's corroded on and takes 5 times as long. Or maybe longer if it won't come out and they want to bash it or apply heat. 

4 minutes ago, edc said:

Labour depends on the condition of your car underneath. At the East end it's drive onto ramp, raise ramp, remove cover, pick up spanner, then spanner, remove lambda. Or it's corroded on and takes 5 times as long. Or maybe longer if it won't come out and they want to bash it or apply heat. 

Ok, thanks for that. I have read as well it may be best to change all at the same time. They are about £60 each for ECP. Will see how if it throws again and then take it from there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi I have just had this problem after having a Carnewal exhaust fitted. I replaced both of the Lambda sensors after being told incorrectly that bank 2 is on the drivers side it is not. 

My car threw up the same fault code stating bank 2 sensor 2.  So looking from the back of the car bank 2 is nearest the kerbside  and sensor 2 is nearest to the back of the car a little bit tricky to get at but you can cut the cable & break the sensor off as near to the bottom as possible as it is dead anyway. Then a little bit of heat and a good fitting socket and a little bit of love and out they come. Having replaced both now it is not too difficult to sort just allow a little time & patience.

Just to say that I had considered doing  this mod for a long time along  with my mate. So we booked in &  went to Carnewal to get the exhausts fitted and we cannot stop smiling they are truly fantastic and if anyone is thinking of doing this modification stop thinking & get it done.

Book in with Gert, we went there on a Friday morning arrived at 12.00  for and collected both cars after 2 hours done. this was after a fantastic meal out that Gert arranged for the four of us.  Then we took a trip  up to Bruge and all had a great weekend. 

The only down side is to be prepared to have to change the Lambda sensor. My mates Lambda sensor also died on the Sunday morning before we came home. With that said we are both still smiling. Great exhaust and now the cars sound like they should have done when they left the Porsche factory.

Good luck hope this helps. Fit Bosch they cost  a little more but well worth it.

Phill

I’ve recently change all O2 sensors on mine as there was no record of them being done and I can confirm much better running an better fuel economy.  
well worth doing if there’s no history of them being sorted.  
did a similar job on the BMW we have and that sorted a multitude of rough running and error codes.  

Archived