Fittings GTS Diffuser Issues

IATM

I know a few people on here have done it but I am having a right whale of a time with it!

It was going really well, lights out, bumper off, diffuser bracket and trim out too.

Then wow! trying to get the new GTS diffuser parts on the center trim! I just couldn't get them on for the life of me, I then tried to put the original trims back on and both clips and 1 slot go in fine!

Anyone have any ideas or trips or tricks!

The pin just feels too long to get into the D section. Or I just can't get it back enough. How on earth have people done it

Is it the centre section you are struggling with but I agree I had more problems putting it back in than taking it off.  I used a screwdriver and a paying trim tool to pry the middle section clips then used screwdriver to push down on the clip so it seats.   I found sometimes walk away for 15 mins and come back to it as I would have ended breaking it.

22 minutes ago, robporsche said:

Is it the centre section you are struggling with but I agree I had more problems putting it back in than taking it off.  I used a screwdriver and a paying trim tool to pry the middle section clips then used screwdriver to push down on the clip so it seats.   I found sometimes walk away for 15 mins and come back to it as I would have ended breaking it.

Yes its the center section. I managed to get the two original diffusers sides off fine but putting the GTS ones on just seems impossible. well I clearly didn't take my break and I ended up snapping a clip so I will need to find a new center section anyway. What a nightmare!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2020 at 9:24 PM, robporsche said:

how did you get on, did you get it sorted?

I gave up eventually. Went to a body shop local to me and we ended up doing it together. They actually struggled too. 

getting the lights off easy

getting bumper off easy 

getting diffuser off easy 

putting two side diffuser sections onto centre section - oh my days! Never again. 

only trick I would suggest is that when doing it place the sections down on a firm but protected floor. Then push down on the clips to get them in. If needed I could illustrate this as I have the old parts to show it. 

happy to do the above if it means someone else wouldn’t go through the pain I did lol. 

Ps. Putting bumper back on etc was also easy. 

lol yeah id agree, i nearly broke the clip by prising it away from the tab and having to push down on it.  Strangely befor ei did it i only ever heard about how much pain it was take the clips out not puttin git back on.  But agree i dont ever want to do it again.     Looks good though doesnt it?

4 hours ago, robporsche said:

lol yeah id agree, i nearly broke the clip by prising it away from the tab and having to push down on it.  Strangely befor ei did it i only ever heard about how much pain it was take the clips out not puttin git back on.  But agree i dont ever want to do it again.     Looks good though doesnt it?

Lol glad you got there in the end. 

sure is worth it. 🙂 

I had a full ceramic coat detail done after too! 

Archived