987 exhaust mod

jimmy p

I had a carnewal gt exhaust put on a 981 I used to own and it certainly made the car more interesting in the sound department.

Have noticed revolution porsche are now doing a similar mod on the 987. Was wondering if anyone on here has had the revolution 987 exhaust mod done and what there thoughts are of it??

I think the 986 is a by-pass hence in being cheaper,think the 987 is their version of carnewal gt exhaust but again dont quote me. Was hoping someone had actually had it done on here?

• 2 weeks later...

From the word 'bypass' I would assume it's the external bypass pipes that are added. If so, I had the same thing done to my 987.2 by Hayward and Scott in Essex. Videos never do these things justice, but it sounds nice, not yobby or that aftermarket.... sounds like it should have from the factory to be honest!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOw7Ipyxbmk

When I was after the Gundo hack (external bypass pipes)  got it touch with Revolution and they quoted me for it, so I presume they do the external bypass but they may do both, DW Performance in Wellingborough is where I took it in the end and am very happy with it, was at a Porsche meet and the guy next to me had had the carnewal done, so we had a sound off and mine sounded deeper and louder, the other guy was gutted, haha!!!

Archived