Final purchased a 981

lofi

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That @lofi is superb pal. 

I like the look of the MF wheel too. Maybe a good little upgrade since we're all in lockdown?

Its not a 986, but aside from that small problem, I think you've bagged a lovely motor 😉

15 hours ago, ragpicker said:

That @lofi is superb pal. 

I like the look of the MF wheel too. Maybe a good little upgrade since we're all in lockdown?

Its not a 986, but aside from that small problem, I think you've bagged a lovely motor 😉

Really wish I had an original 2.5 986 in the garage to rejuvenate during this time, I can't get it out of my head!

Alongside my 981 of course!

Finally finished the back to the start clean. Full decontamination and clay, two stage polish, waxed and a layer of QD. Wheels decontaminated and waxed. The car had clearly been done about a year ago in my estimation because the contamination was minimal.  I gave up chasing all the swirls as the paint seems very hard. But I’m happy I now have a good base to start the regular cleaning regime.

On the interior side of things I’ve had both door cards off the look at the top edge lift and made some progress. The climate unit has been replaced and works but needs coding for right hand drive and to code back in the pasm and sports plus. Unfortunately my booked date came and went as Porsche went into lockdown. 

I have been out to take my daughter to work as her driving test was cancelled and gave it a good spanking; wow what a car

F122E3B3-F288-4B15-92DA-173BC88C58D0.jpeg

0DAB213F-B88B-497A-A1F8-B35D7EFCF9C8.jpeg

Archived