Low fuel warning light

GeorgeBoxster

Does it turn off if you refill the tank entirely?

My C4S does this by design as it has a split tank and the sensor is only in one side. Sounds daft but makes sense when you think about it.

No idea if the 987.2 has this though.

One of my previous cars would show no fuel sometimes even though it had had some put into it.  

I’d do a battery disconnect for a while.   Do t forget you’ll maybe need to reset the windows etc as usual. 

id use it as a good excuse to fully charge the battery too.  

23 hours ago, antjrice said:

Does it turn off if you refill the tank entirely?

My C4S does this by design as it has a split tank and the sensor is only in one side. Sounds daft but makes sense when you think about it.

No idea if the 987.2 has this though.

I have not filled it fully so maybe that might work 

22 hours ago, sa utah said:

One of my previous cars would show no fuel sometimes even though it had had some put into it.  

I’d do a battery disconnect for a while.   Do t forget you’ll maybe need to reset the windows etc as usual. 

id use it as a good excuse to fully charge the battery too.  

The battery is on a trickle charger and fully charged 

Any outcome to this?, only seem to recall reading something that you have to fill it up if it's been left empty ish for some time, and once full requires recalibrating  with PIWIS ?

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/3/2020 at 10:09 PM, bally4563 said:

Any outcome to this?, only seem to recall reading something that you have to fill it up if it's been left empty ish for some time, and once full requires recalibrating  with PIWIS ?

Yes.Filled it to the top yesterday and light went out and all working fine.Tanks for your help Guy's 

Archived