Red caliper paint

Nick C

Hi,  can anyone tell me the correct colour of the red caliper paint on the 987 s, mine are really clean but I spotted a little bit of paint flaked off which will do my head in so I just want to touch it up.

Thanks. 

Red calipers are .... well, not uncommon. What other calipers have people seen, and what works well? 

I know it will be dependant upon car colour and wheel size and colour but I'm interested to hear of other options. Did some Porsche models have pistachio green calipers? I know I've seen yellow ones. Black is good but unremarkable. Red is good but seems to be quite common. Purple? Pale blue? White? (Would probably look dirty very quickly). 

I thought red designated an S model, black for the standard model and the green are for hybrids?

saw a few cars for sale when I bought mine which were non-S models given red callipers to look better 

Sounds believable. Mine's a non-S Cayman and I can't honestly remember what colour the calipers on it are. I think they are black, but a re-paint in something more striking may be called for in the future. 

Green for hybrids, eh? I quite like the idea. It would go with the grey bodywork quite well. No reason why I couldn't, I guess. 

The trouble with the black calipers are they are anodised not painted so fade and look grey. I have painted quite a few sets and always have had the best result with the German Auto K red caliper paint and then their clear laquer over the top. For touch up the Porsche Guards Red 80K is extremely close for the factory Brembo red.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2020 at 8:35 AM, T911UK said:

The trouble with the black calipers are they are anodised not painted so fade and look grey. I have painted quite a few sets and always have had the best result with the German Auto K red caliper paint and then their clear laquer over the top. For touch up the Porsche Guards Red 80K is extremely close for the factory Brembo red.

Would this be ok with the lacquer?

Chipped a bit off mine while changing the dics and pads 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142430270069

Archived