More exhaust woes - PSE

daz05

Not seized, can see from underneath the valves are opening and closing as the engine starts and stops but the button isn't doing its job.

That means they are aren't seized and that I have vacuum so that leaves the problematic changeover valve or solenoids that haunt the 981 and 991 models. I've already had issues with these with my heating system in the past. 

I noted my exhaust light on the console would stay lid after the ignition was off which made me curious. Has anyone encountered this?

I'm planning to diy but need to source the part which isn't easy at the moment.

Have we the option to do a hard reset, I know disconnecting the battery and touching the leads to discharge circuits may loose options like mem  and cruise etc ???

Classic IT trick, turn it off and on again ...

The part is relatively cheap, below £50 but accessing the engine bay is a bit of a pain so I'll just renew it so I don't have the problem again, the part has an upgraded revision so hopefully that's the end of it.

1 hour ago, daz05 said:

The part is relatively cheap, below £50 but accessing the engine bay is a bit of a pain so I'll just renew it so I don't have the problem again, the part has an upgraded revision so hopefully that's the end of it.

Daz - be great if you can video the issue and resolution once you have it... Cheers..

2 hours ago, GTSMarky said:

Top Man - thank you!

Started filming last night!  Engine cover is off and part now on order, no Porsche markings on it so you can get it from the OEM.  Car sounds awesome on cold start with the vacuum disconnected on the exhaust.  An easy fix for this is simply to plug the line to the valves I think.

I look forward to the video (sound clip) of it working as well, as I'm not sure if mine is working 100%.

Guvs.

Archived