Disconnecting battery then removing key

Christopher2110

As I found out the hard way twice, the key needs to be in and turned to the first click before the battery is disconnected. 
Does anyone know if you can then remove the key whilst the battery is still disconnected? 
Asking for my neighbours before the alarm gives them all a heart attack. 

I had this issue when I had a faulty ignition switch and the alarm just kept going for what seemed like ages and I've never heard another alarm with that many decibells.

My alarm sounder now permanently has a micro-fibre duster stuffed inside it's megaphone (cable- tied in place), which mutes it so well that it's almost pleasant when you stand by it and you can still hear the radio :)

In answer to your question, I'm sure it's OK to remove the remove the key once the the battery is disconnected, and thinking about it, what would the key be doing now that there's now voltage.

The alarm sounder lives just down under the main battery - easy to mute and much less worry imho.

As long as you remove the battery with the key in and only the drivers door is unlocked you can remove the key and lock the door without worry. If your passenger door is unlocked it will stay that way as there is no power

Archived