Average prices for a 3.2s

Nadeem

Thanks for the heads up , I had a look while changing the oil the other day and they did look like it'd be a job to do alright. I remember I brought it to my uncle to do the front arms a little while ago and a few other bits before I decided to get it all done together he owns a garage and they basically said no way they are taking that on...my usual mechanic is out of office at minute so might as well give it a go myself.

Unsure which shocks to go for I think the B4's are the original shocks or upgrade to B6's don't know if there is any real benefit to it.

2 hours ago, Irishcrx said:

Unsure which shocks to go for I think the B4's are the original shocks or upgrade to B6's don't know if there is any real benefit to it.

If/when I need to do them on my S (I029 standard not sport suspension) I'm planning on Bilstein B4, as near to OE as you can get in practical terms or so I understand from input by others.  Best if springs and dampers are 'tuned' to work together or you can get a result that is not ideal.

1 hour ago, Irishcrx said:

Thanks , I'm actually not sure what suspension my S has if it's sports or not how do I tell? Probably seems like a stupid question =)

Have a look at the sticker with all the codes on it, on underside of bonnet. This is my one. The 030 code refers to the lower stiffer suspension fitted from the factory.

Full code list in link below:

https://www.stuttcars.com/technical/option-codes/986-02/

Archived