CDR-24 knob

1rvy

Removed the volume knob on my CDR-24 yesterday as it had gone a bit gummy.  Cleaning it in tar remover and the back disintegrated 🙁.

Looks like they are available new but they are £32 each!!  Long shot but does anyone have an old faulty CDR-24 they would sell a knob from before I order a new one?

Thanks, Andy

1 hour ago, 1rvy said:

Removed the volume knob on my CDR-24 yesterday as it had gone a bit gummy.  Cleaning it in tar remover and the back disintegrated 🙁.

Looks like they are available new but they are £32 each!!  Long shot but does anyone have an old faulty CDR-24 they would sell a knob from before I order a new one?

Thanks, Andy

Ouch expensive!! Fairy liquid would have done the job and a good rub, sure I’ve seen them cheaper than that will have a look

The rubber had started breaking down so tried washing up liquid initially, that didn't really touch it so tried the glue and tar remover.  The rear of the knob then crumbled as though the plastic was totally dried out.  The other knob feels like new so wonder if this one had been replaced previously.

I got a 2005 Boxster back in March and had the same issue with the gummy buttons.

I just used hand-hot water, washing-up liquid and rubbed them with kitchen roll til the gumminess came off.

They cleaned up brilliantly and I put them back on the CDR24.  They don't have the rubbery texture anymore but the don't look out of place either.  Saved a pile of cash!!!!

Archived