OEM laquer for Carrera classics?

mneil

There appears to be a slight silver colour to the laquer applied to the diamond cut sections on the Carrera classics. 

I've applied clear laquer after all my hard work taking off the milky areas and it's no where near a match to the original.

Anyone got any clues please?

I am going to have them powder coated before the winter and before fitting new rear tyres but I'd like to finish the job I started first.

Hi Neil

There shouldn’t be any silver in the lacquer although different lacquers can vary in colour.

Send me some pictures and I will have a look, I missed your previous emails😩

If you can’t get it right I will sort it out with a bit of my Black magic 😉

cheers

Gareth

To be fair for a Diy fix it isn’t bad, I’ve seen worse on dealerships. But I’ve got an idea which will even it up and certainly tide you over till you get them powder coated 👍

The appearance of the lacquer will be effected by the type and the number of layers you apply.  You can try and polish the other bit after its properly cured.

Have had a quick go at polishing the rims and it has improved the appearance. A bit over enthusiastic in places and went through the laquer 🤬 will have another go when I'm calmer.

IMG_20200508_142322

IMG_20200513_180936

The silver lining 😃. Took it around to let Gareth work his magic; he took off all the laquer, rims and spokes. Polished it, then sprayed it all. Looks like new 😃 but then he is a professional. Thanks Gareth.

Archived