Roof strap (not the elastic one)

Sanky

The above roof strap in this picture is not attached to anything.  The bottom one is stitched to the internal roof lining.

Its unattached on both sides, so can’t even compare.

I can’t see where it was attached, is somebody could check and maybe share a picture would be appreciated.

TodmHxF.jpg

Is this in the well the hood folds into, If so I believe the fabric loops hold the tension cable you detach to get the roof into service position to access the engine, should be attached to the skirt that is below the hood.  On min, one is ripped and the other is still OK.  Haven't felt the need to fix as no apparent associated problems.  Would only likely do if I were replacing the hood canvas.

Mine has two Velcro straps.

One attaches the inner roof liner to the hood frame.

The other is stitched to the main hood and also attaches to the hood frame. I’ve had to restitch this one.

1 hour ago, ½cwt said:

Is this in the well the hood folds into, If so I believe the fabric loops hold the tension cable you detach to get the roof into service position to access the engine, should be attached to the skirt that is below the hood.  On min, one is ripped and the other is still OK.  Haven't felt the need to fix as no apparent associated problems.  Would only likely do if I were replacing the hood canvas.

No not the one where the tension rope is held to.  This about near where the roof folds.

47 minutes ago, CarlM said:

Mine has two Velcro straps.

One attaches the inner roof liner to the hood frame.

The other is stitched to the main hood and also attaches to the hood frame. I’ve had to restitch this one.

It could be the other one, I’ll take another to see where it might have come off the main hood.

Don't think it’s affecting anything, but got time on my hands with the lockdown.

Do you have a picture of where it’s attached?

4 hours ago, Sanky said:

It could be the other one, I’ll take another to see where it might have come off the main hood.

Don't think it’s affecting anything, but got time on my hands with the lockdown.

I’ll take one tomorrow.

I think it helps pull the hood into the rain channel. Having stitched mine back it’s not as tight as the factory stitching so I still need to help the hood into the channel sometimes.

19 hours ago, Sanky said:

https://imgur.com/a/djmaMJN

looks like mine’s going to need some attention again soon 😩

Archived