718 engine bay access

daz05

4 hours ago, AMacdonald said:

Does the boot lid have to be open for this? It looks like removing the metal access cover would be a lot less scary if the boot lid was down.

yeah agreed and I dont think it does

On 5/18/2020 at 3:38 PM, AMacdonald said:

Does the boot lid have to be open for this? It looks like removing the metal access cover would be a lot less scary if the boot lid was down.

If it's down you get less clearance at the bottom edge but you can do it either way, I was aware of it's position and the risk associated but a little over confident next time I'll be covering the area to be sure.

Thanks for the video @daz05, I'm still a little hazy about the exact location of the roof tensioners but I expect they are easy enough to find once in there - getting that cover off looks tricky but it's now something I'd be happy to attempt.

4 hours ago, Gorsh said:

Thanks for the video @daz05, I'm still a little hazy about the exact location of the roof tensioners but I expect they are easy enough to find once in there - getting that cover off looks tricky but it's now something I'd be happy to attempt.

Honestly very easy if you can get your arms back behind the seats, you will see silver cords and you just pull them from the bottom in towards the centre of the car with your hand. No force required at all but put make sure your roof is in the 10cm open position first.

Archived