Drains

alank

Is it fair to say that if the roof is not left down in a leafy area, it is unlikely that the drains will get blocked, as when top is up their is a rubber seal around the base of roof. Just a thought

Single word answer is 'no'.  

All sorts of debris finds its way into the drains, not just from trees.  If you look at the sides of your roof near the bottom of the door windows you will see the gap is big enough for fairly large leaves, little seeds dropping from trees, dust and general muck to get through.  This builds up over time in the drain tubes and if not maintained will eventually block.  Easy to check they are draining freely by steadily pouring a jug of water down while watching the tray for water build up - if it copes with that the drains are fine.

1 hour ago, daz05 said:

I'm going to cover this is in a video in about to start filming Alank. Hopefully it helps you.

Hey Daz ,

also mention the telltale of the wet seat belt, a good early indicator of blockages.had this last year and dealer. Learned out all the drains on a service visit.happened again yesterday after a down pour and while parked in the same spot as last time (pointing slightly downhill) 

neverhad a problem on my normal spot outside the garage which is more level 

1 hour ago, zagamuffin said:

Hey Daz ,

also mention the telltale of the wet seat belt, a good early indicator of blockages.had this last year and dealer. Learned out all the drains on a service visit.happened again yesterday after a down pour and while parked in the same spot as last time (pointing slightly downhill) 

neverhad a problem on my normal spot outside the garage which is more level 

Thanks mate, any advice appreciated because its not a problem I've encountered, mine is garaged .

On 5/24/2020 at 2:41 PM, daz05 said:

I'm going to cover this is in a video in about to start filming Alank. Hopefully it helps you.

That would be great Daz....look forward to it!

20 minutes ago, JohnSyn said:

That would be great Daz....look forward to it!

Filmed it today it's not as difficult as I had imagined but then that's maybe because they were all clear! Phew

2 minutes ago, daz05 said:

Filmed it today it's not as difficult as I had imagined but then that's maybe because they were all clear! Phew

Great Daz, as I say looking forward to it. I'll remember to subscribe this time...honest! 

Archived