Buy a GTS now or wait for the 4.0? Selling my AMG GT-S

djy

I'm not ignoring anyone, I just haven't had the time to get online unfortunately. Since I posted this, work has been unbelievably busy, working all day and evening, every day, and haven't had any time to even think about the car. 

Thanks for all your replies, all very useful and interesting. 

I think I'm actually going to go back to a 981, probably a GTS. My girlfriend and I are also looking at another house, so I might even go to a 987.2 to free up some cash for the move.

I've told Junction 17 that I'm not going to go ahead with the 718 GTS. 

My AMG GT-S has been great. It's a beast of a car and effortlessly fast. It still surprises me at how quickly and effortlessly it can gather speed. It definitely feels bigger and heavier than the Boxster, but it's still a proper sports car and once you build confidence, you can really throw it around. It takes some getting used to sitting so far back over the rear axle and having such a long bonnet out in front. Visibility isn't great, due to the long bonnet and short windscreen, and the wing mirrors really take up a lot of visibility at roundabouts, so it can sometimes be a bit daunting on narrow roads. It's a wide car, and it does feel it at times. 

The engine is lovely. So powerful, no lag, no sudden boost, just loads of power throughout the range. The gearbox is similar to the PDK, quick shifting, 7 speed, very similar really. Maybe a little slower to get going as it seems to ride the clutch to move away, but otherwise very smooth. 

The interior is gorgeous. Mine has the carbon fibre interior option which is stunning (and expensive). I love the centre console. It's quite loud inside, a fair bit of road noise given that the boot area is open to the cabin and you sit just in front of the rear wheels, but it still feels like a quality place to sit. 

It gets a lot of attention, all positive. People love it! 

I have some more photos of it here in my advert: https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/mercedes-benz/amg-gt/2016-mercedes-amg-gt-s-premium-510-ps-carbon-interior-andamp-driving-assistance-pack/10331618 

But I should get some better ones. I'll get some uploaded here shortly. 

4 hours ago, djy said:

I've just uploaded loads of photos here. Easier to share the link than copy each image across to the forum.....

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KhkHb4ayDVi6yPWGA 

Thanks, 

Dan

thx

quite a stunner in that red and with the carbon fibre too

Archived